birth
Alice and I have been emailing and often we think that it would be great if we included all of our cousins and their families.
Hopefully, this blog will make it easy to communicate. The only trick is to just do it!
I am going to include a couple of the emails that encouraged me to get this blog together.
And then you better make some comments and postings of your own. Pictures are supposed to be easy to post too!
Have fun.
Patty
___________
Alice,
I have to talk to my Blog expert and that is at the top of my list! Because you are right about including
our cousins on these conversations and adventures.
I spoke to Donna and she and I agreed that Saturday, May 26 would be a good time for us to drive
out to visit you. I thought we could go to your house first and than go to Meijer gardens if we want.
Donna said she can start out early so we don’t get back too late. How does that sound to you?
I did hear about your grandfather in Eloise from Uncle Tony. He can recite the poem about mothers that
someone at the hospital gave him when he went to visit one time. I included that in the photo book that
I made. My grandfather had TB as well but probably at a later time and he was at Herman Keefer Hospital.
We used to go there when my dad took my grandma to visit him and since we couldn’t go inside we would
wave to him from the parking lot. Easter always brings lots of happy memories of getting new hats from
Aunt Lily, & getting beautiful, great smelling easter baskets blessed at my grandma’s Hamtramck church(?).
Hey! How about those Tigers!!
We’ve got a game tomorrow night but br-r-r-rr! and then one on Fri. night.
Patty
_____________
On 4/10/07 10:28 AM, "Galanska@aol.com"
Hi, The last weekend of May should be ok for me, we usually have a birthday celebration for Ally and Andrea on that Monday, the holiday, both of their b-days are on the 28th. If you want to go to the gardens, I`m a member and I can get you in free. They change the exhibits all the time and by then there should be flowers popping out! We had a terrible frost this morning, but the trees looked beautiful. I`m trying to find some prayer cards that I had to find out the names you mentioned. I looked at the Hearts blog and they added a few good articles, did you know that my mother`s father was at Eloise? He had TB and I remember going with my parents and waiting in the waiting room there and they bought me doll furniture that the patients made. Are you working on our blog? I guess every time we email each other we should include our cousins, they don`t remember much of their ancestry and we could share.
Alice
______________
This was great but once again I’m spending way too much time on the computer!
I went to the free press web site to get the articles you mentioned since we don’t get the freep usually.
Fun. I also went to the st albertus web site (we should do a family tour) and thought maybe sweetest hearts may have one too,
And they do! http://www.sweetestheartofmary.org./
I tried to find Galanski in the early parishioners but couldn’t. How was it orginally spelled?
I did find Piskorowski. Great grandma was Frances but what was her husbands first name or her maiden name?
Questions for uncle Tony?
Is today bowling for you? I’m taking a bus tour to Cleveland tomorrow to the art museum with Jullianna.
How was the butterfly exhibit? Thinking Donna & I should stop there. I haven’t heard back from her but Mother’s day
Is the 13th (know you’ll be busy) so pencil in the 26 or 27 (Memorial weekend?!).
Patty
___________
On 4/9/07 9:44 AM, "Galanska@aol.com"
Hi, do you read Susan Ager in the Free Press? Yesterday she had a good look at what Easter was 40 years ago. Also they had a pic of St. Albertus church and an interesting column about how this grandaughter restored her grandma`s chandelier that was in her old house . Good reading. We had dinner at Kim and Paul`s yesterday, they got back from Florida Saturday night. All my other kids spent Easter with their inlaws. I get the Hearts student assn. newsletter and the following was in one of them;
Are you Polish?
Every Sunday of your childhood was spent visiting your Babcia or grandparents.
You thought everyones last name ended with S-K-I
You thought nylons were supposed to be worn like knee high`s with a short skirt so you can see the reinforcements at the top.
Your mom`s main hobby was cleaning.
You never ate meat on Christmas Eve or Good Friday.
You thought Catholic was the only religion in the world.
You have relatives who are not really relatives.
Alice

3 comments:
hi mom! welcome to the world of blogs!
Thanks, Julianna. I think I have alot to learn though!
Hi everyone! I figure I am on the computer all day anyway because of teaching online, so this will be second nature to me. Did anyone ever look at all the stuff on the Forgotten Detroit website? It's very depressing and a lot to take in sometimes, but unfortunately, it's what's become of where we used to live. It's lucky that we have the ability to keep all of our special memories inside our brains, because we certainly can't revisit our past through what is left behind there. Check out www.forgottendetroit.com and look at St. Cyril church, for example. I know Marty used to go to dances there when she was in high school.
I'm happy to be here with all of you!
Post a Comment