My front yard
My hollyhocks are short this year. Can you see the dried up grass, no rain here for awhile.
My lillies bloomed great and the shasta daises did well. The roses had their first flowers,already gone.
I have to water my containers every day. A full time job. The sign was a gift from my daughter, Sandy. My kids look for Tiger stuff to buy me.
These lillies are in the backyard with the headstone to remember my sister, Marty.

6 comments:
Oh, Alice, your gardens look great. All those lilies blooming for Marty.....what a nice way to remember her. Having a headstone nearby is a great idea. I don't get to my folks grave site very much......and they don't let you put in flowers anyhow. You know how my mom and grandma filled our Audubon back yard with rose bushes.....starting most from cuttings!
Glad you got your pictures up. Hope to see alot more from you now.
Off to firworks in Manchester tonight. Hope the rains come after that!
Alice,
Your pictures are wonderful, and so is your garden. Those lilies are just awesome!
Lucy
I should have gone to the fireworks last night, too instead of watching the Tigers. The Caps are doing good, last week they won the game we went to, altough they had a brawl and one of our players is out for the season and one of our coaches had to have surgery. The Tigers traded our best pitcher, Cody the other day. Its fun to watch the future stars.
Wow-all of your gardens look so nice! Its nice to see the different flora from various parts of our country. I cant wait to sell my condo so I can buy a house and have a nice yard.
I hope you all have a nice holiday! So far our weather has been nice but Im sure it will rain this afternoon. Thats typical this time of year in FL. Hopefully, it will be clear for the the fireworks.
Alice,
Is that the statue of the Blessed Mother that you won at the SHM festival?
Deb. that statue is one the the kids bought for me. Sacred Heart of Jesus is in my backyard, he is a little scarred and is missing an arm after we had our deck remodeled. I also have the Holy Family statue that I had bought for mom and dad when we lived in Elk Rapids. You must be staying home for the holiday, Jim is coming over today to pick up the PT to sell for us. Bill bought another Dodge Grand Caravan to drive, he kept bumping his head in the PT. Tomorrow we go to Manistee to visit Bill`s friend and go to Sandy`s cottage for a fish fry. Also stay the night at Little River.
Post a Comment