Fall greetings from Dugays...
Took a drive south to Luna Pier on Lake Erie about 6 miles north of Ohio. A sleepy beach community of less than 1,500. The annual town garage sale is 4th of July weekend. Got a personal invitation! Cute cottages...
Two weeks ago we flew into NY to visit our 2 married daughters and their fellas. Jubilee & Paul live in Brooklyn Heights in a great neighborhood... that's her and Dad rowing a boat on Central Park Lake.... and Simone & Jordan (he's the really tall guy in the wine shop and she's the short blonde girl) they moved into a new apt. in Park Slope Brooklyn. We're having a happy little Friday night vodka tasting with a Polish couple that own the place.... "Nostrovia!" they and the 2 other customers were becoming good friends of ours pretty quickly....
Lastly a couple of old friends and I went to a Sheep & Wool festival way out in the country....a lovely way to spend an afternoon.. this farm specializes in spotted and dark sheep! Cute! Hadn't seen raw just-cut wool since we lived in Africa! Smelled heavenly to me... Happy Fall everyone!!!

5 comments:
Where is Luna Pier? I love the name! I bet it was on your way to NY? How did you both get away at the same time? What a lovely way to see the real NY. Your girls must know all the best spots and I bet they loved showing you and Jean off to their friends.
We have alot of sheep farms out here. Just down the road is one that we passed today and saw a little lamb which seems like really late. Some of the sheep have not been sheared and you had to feel sorry for them when the weather was warmer. Sometimes you can hear the sheep baa-ing, especially in the evening. It's special. But then we hear coyotes too but the sheep dogs, some Pyrenees, take good care of their flocks.
Hi Patsy! row on out the river Raisen and turn south of Monroe... I drove out there because the name is so romantic and I was waiting for a beautiful day. It was lovely. If I were younger and having another girl I'd name her Luna Pier!
Last month we got a hot deal on Spirit Airlines to NY. We flew out on a Thursday morning, and our Pascalle (who grew up on the daycare) took over for us and also on Friday.... we were grateful!
You have coyotes near by?
I can't figure out the Spirit Airline thing. I first need to join up, right? Does that cost $. I get their emails but have a hard time getting what i want. Maybe they don't go to Portland, Maine or Manchester, NH, huh? Then, is the airline at Metro? I know you have gotten some good deals from them. Everybody had their expertise I guess.
Dona, looks like Jean (is that the correct spelling?) was having a grand,ole time at that bar. Isn`t it nice to have family out of state and you get to visit? When our son, John lived in CT, we would visit and take the train into the (city) and have a grand time. Did you purchase any yarn at the sheep farm? They usually have such nice stuff.
I miss going to Maine with the excuse of seeing Julianna. We would sometimes go into Boston or took the bus to NY. That was always fun but now she is here and we travel around together.
I think there is a fiber art show at the Saline Fair grounds on Sat. That is where the big antique show/sale is every month.
Post a Comment