
I don`t know too much about turtles, but this one was laying her eggs in the road. There must have been at least 10 holes. I`m sure nothing survived. The blog has been pretty quiet, did everyone lose power? We lost ours last week when the weather was nice.
2 comments:
Hey, nice pic Alice. That is a Spiney Softshell or sometimes called Leatherback turtle: easy to recognize because of its flat smooth shell and long, pig-like nose. They are pretty common but pollution and most likely, getting mixed up on where to lay eggs is reducing the population! We have moved turtles in our yard when we find them in inappropriate places but that doesn't mean they will actually lay their eggs somewhere else. And be careful because this Softshell can bite! The hatchlings will emerge in Aug or Sept. if any made it.
It was nice to hear from Scott about his 40th Birth Day. Did the family go to Put in Bay?
David is trying to Post but hasn't been able to yet.
If anyone has any advise to give him, feel free. I think part of the problem is getting that google account. Maybe Jim can give some advice.
I guess turtles are not the smartest creatures. I'M BACK! We had no power for 4 days. Last night I finally went to a hotel and of course, it came back on. The worst was not having water. Just getting back to normal now, so give us a while to post a photo.
Post a Comment