Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Day

I put a link to the speech on race that Obama gave on March 18. 2008. Click on the Voting Day title of this post. I think we are truly on the brink of big change whether we vote for it or not. This speech has some wonderful thoughts. If you can take a look and listen today it will make you feel really good, I think.

I voted for the first time by absentee ballot which many of my friends did too. But Bill just went to our township polling place (about 10am) and there was no line. People were moving right along. They had put up about 6 extra "booths" to fill out your ballot before putting it into the machine. All 10 booths were being used and it only took Bill about 5 min to vote!

I hope that propositions 1 & 2 are passed here in Michigan. 45 other states already have the legislation that Michigan is voting for in stem cell research!

Hope you make a comment here to tell us what is going on in your neighborhood, state or region today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think most of the folks in our area voted by absentee ballot because none of the 3 of us had to wait. I was number 329 at 11:30 and Justin was number 429 at 2:30. It could also be because there are two voting precincts right across the street from each other!

From what I heard, the two proposals might have a hard time passing because MI people tend to be conservative and if they don't completely understand the wording of the proposals or they're not sure, they vote "no". I hope they pass, too. Well, have to get back to packing...tomorrow is another day!