Cemetery Outing Memorial Day

Isn't this a wonderful picture?!
I was going to save this picture for Father's Day but couldn't wait and I wanted to get your attention.
Tom stopped by Uncle Tony's but he wasn't there......He was out galavanting. Aunt Beth said that he can drive and he is gone from morning til night!
So, even though Alice and Deb & maybe Dona are out of town, I called Uncle Tony and he would love to go to the cemeteries on Memorial Day. He had me laughing so much with his stories.
Tom is going to pick him up about 9 AM and Bill and I will meet them at my mom and dads grave site in Mt. Olivet about 10 AM. I don't plan on planting much but mainly cleaning up. Hope the weather holds out. Bill and I want to make the Tiger game that day.
Anyone that wants to meet us, just call me on my cell......734-645-3722
I think Uncle Tony is up for anything. Aunt Beth can't walk so she is limited but I can tell she want's to be out in her garden.
Maybe we can plan something for later in the summer with them. Is Kay or Mark going to be around at all??
PS I just pulled my first radish today. I had planted them just before I left....the end of April.
Now I have lots of plans for the gardens and Bill and picked up some plants that need planting this weekend. It is just way too hot during the day. I got up early today to water and plant which was perfect.

3 comments:
This is a great picture, Patty! Is that Rich sitting there eating something? I never saw this one before.
So glad you could get together with Uncle Tony. It's good that he is on the go so much and stays active. I've been catching up on all my work this past week after going to see Justin. I like the hour flight. Not bad at all!
The flight might be short but how much did it cost?
Bill and I are going out to New Hampshire to visit his daughter, Jennifer, and family at the end of June. It will cost us EACH $400 for the round trip for a weekend!! + parking and car rental. No wonder kids don't visit parents anymore!!
It's a good thing she has room for us to stay with them. Ryan will be 3 this summer and when we go on SKYPE he tells us what he's been doing. It will be totally worth it but geesh!
The cheapest flight we could get was $330 per person, nonstop through Delta. We rented a car for $18 a day with AAA discount.
I saw a story on tv where a guy had to work in Washington, DC because he lost his job here. They called his wife a 'recession widow' because he only flew in on the weekends to see her and and the kids. He said it cost him about $1500 a month for flights back and forth.
Post a Comment