Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Training

It was a big day for Pops (Rich) and Frieda on Friday. They closed on their new "winter" home and saw the Tigers destroy the Cardinals in Spring Training. Their condo is in a prime location on the beach. They will have to do some major renovations but luckily they dont have to be here when it all takes place. The game was a lot of fun! It was really cool to be so close to all of the players and to be around the Detroit crowd! The last picture of Pops is a view of the beach at his condo.



3 comments:

patsy said...

It is so nice to see pictures with sunshine! Rich looks really happy and Frida looks like she's always lived there......big hat and glasses. Both look really tan and relaxed. You are so lucky, Kara, to have them there with you for the winter. Do you get to be in charge of the renovations? I imagine that their condo is near you.

These baseball players get younger and younger looking every year. I haven't kept up on who's playing for Detroit. But Bill and I plan on going to opening day so I better start paying attention or I could just ask Alice!

Alice said...

Rich looks like the typical Tiger fan, all dressed up with the Big D. Looking good, Frieda, but you need some Tiger gear.
the Tiger roster this year have 20 former Whitecaps on it.
We are planning to be in Detroit Memorial weekend, going to the cemeteries on Sunday and catching a Tigers game on Monday.

Alice said...

Looking at the pics, it looks like Brennan Boesch on first base and Miguel Cabrera batting.