July 4th, 2011
Our town had their firework display yesterday night and it was great! A thunder storm came through a couple hours before but that cooled it down a bit and everything was dry by the time the show started.
There are always some new fireworks and they get more and more clever. I don't know how they do it....and the sounds too.
It has been lovely sitting around the house, reading a good book and enjoying the flowers. I'm very excited about my hydrangea this year. It's doing so well. And so pink!
A friend gave me some red bergamot to plant which are usually a light purple/blue and they always bloom just in time for the 4th. They look like little exploding firecrackers.
The holihocks always do well here and it seems like there are less japanese beetles this year and they haven't caused any real damage yet. Last year many holihocks never got to open before they were eaten.
Hope everyone is having a wonderfully relaxing 4th!
Check out the new card of the month.

6 comments:
Patty, your flowers look great! I didn't even buy any flowers for the backyard this year because we are getting a new patio. Some shrubs have to be pulled out too, so I'm just waiting to see the final result. Hopefully, it will be done by the end of July.
I've been hearing fireworks for 2 weeks now because each night a different lake around us has their display. Two nights ago it was Union Lake and last night it was Sylvan Lake. Our lake's fireworks are not until this coming Saturday.
I hope Alice won lots of $$$ in the U.P.
For some reason, my comment a couple of days ago didn`t print. I`ll try again--
we had a great time up north, the temps are 10 degrees cooler. bill road around Mackinaw Island 3 times, while I walked around shopping. I didnt win at the casino, but had fun trying. I had my whitefish and pasty (chicken) while I was there.
We had a tragic shooting here in GR, and the mother of the 2 girls that were shot is a friend of my daughter, Sandy. she has worked with her at Kmart for 25 years. The 10 year old, also shot was Pat`s grandaughter. the gunman shot 7 people, then took his own life. I`m sure you saw the story in the paper or heard it on tv.
That story is all over the news here. Crews from our local news drove there as the story was breaking to cover it. They kept showing the street Plainfield and I knew that sounded familiar. Those deaths really affected a lot of people.
Glad you had a nice time. Back to the 90's here. Did you stay in St. Ignace or Mackinaw City?
We stayed at St. Ignace at the Indian casino-hotel.
If you can remember way back when Jim and Kim got married, they had the reception at the President`s Inn on Plainfield and I think that you stayed there and Patty and Aunt Ann did too.
Oh! That was the street that Scott walked down without his shoes or something like that. Maybe he can tell the story better!
Your garden is beautiful Patsy! Perfect for reading and dreaming.. I'm coming over!
Nice shot of the Grand too Alice.. lovely.. wow for Bill .. Around the Island 3 time! va va VOOM!
Sorry to hear of the horror there in GR.. Poor Sandy! What a terrible shock.. I cannot stand to hear the local news.. it's just too much .. and .. fortunately they're not telling what really goes on.. especially here closer to the "D".. not pretty.. we just tune in the world news each eve.. even that can ruin your day!
Post a Comment