Catch Up!
I've been having too much fun lately and September always makes me feel like vacation is over and it's back to the real world....work, responsibilities. All nonsense really but I did expect to show you some pics from our trip North over Labor Day weekend sooner. I'll have to make two posts just to keep everything straight.
Julianna was home and we went up to Whitefish Pt. and stayed at the Coast Guard Station B&B. Nice to be right on the Point.
Aways a reminder of how fierce Lake Superior can be....but it was a beautiful weekend and Bill stayed in the water a lot longer then we expected he could.
Hiking the little trail to Tahquamenon Falls is always a "kodak moment"! I must have this same picture from every year.
The same with pictures from Greenfield Village. How can you not take a picture of the windmill or of the beautiful gardens at the Cotswold Cottage. Julianna and I didn't get to do our annual tea in the garden since it was Sept and tourists were gone! Had a great specially made beer in the old Tavern instead!!
We are going to miss Julianna's desire to make special deserts. These are home grown pear pocket pies.
I have resolved to try making a vegetable pocket pie similiar to the pasties we had up north. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:
Those pear pockets look delicious! I love Greenfield Village. We used to go there a lot when I was a kid and then took Justin there later on. Yes, Lake Superior can turn ugly..remember the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. This is my favorite time of year so I'm not complaining.
Patty, you inherited your cooking and baking skiles from your mom.
I went to the fallisburg art festival sat. and sun. and had the most delicious apple dumplings ever.
I also purchased an art print of the upper Tahquamenon Falls.
I`m a couple of weeks behind on my posting, too much going on here. Spent the day downtown GR for Artprize, it started today.
Post a Comment