Found a Treasure
Whoa!!! Try this edited version.. :O) much better!
Saw this video on CBS last night.. made me happy.. tried to upload it but couldn't.. it's worth muting the commercial that precedes it..
Reminded me of all the book sales and libraries we dragged the kids to over the years.. hmmmm.. The Sleepy Cadillac...
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7405466n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

6 comments:
Yes, Dona, this site is much better than hearing the old bad news being told over again.
I help our Friends of the Lib. group take in used books on Saturday once a month. It is so fun! And you never can go home without some wonderful finds....even if you swear you will not bring another book home to "look at later". Our house is kind of like the library whose space is filled and to take in one more means you need to get rid of one! Oh! But which one? Bill gives away mine and I give away his alot it seems.
We went to the Antiquarian Books and Paper show last weekend in Laning. I couldn't pass up a little paperback called "Polish-American Ways" Recipes and Traditions. Some great pictures too. Remind me to bring it to the Pierogi Fest.
I dropped my cell phone into the fish pond yesterday while I was trying to clean the pond up a bit. Ugh! It may need to be replaced. I should have Googled the problem right away because I did the wrong things. I suggest you google it before it happens!
So much to do. Such little time.
It was a nice piece to watch. I don't like viewing books online at all. Most of my instructor manuals are online and it's a pain. If you want a print copy, you have to request it. I like the feel of a book in my hand. Look at what happened to Encyclopedia Britannica, after 200 years!
Stan dropped his (last) phone in a bucket of water. It worked after, but it was never the same. It was kind of funny because it sounded like he was underwater when you talked to him :) He has a different phone now.
I like to read a solid book, too.
The Sunday detroit paper reviewed a new book, "Summer of 68" by tim Wendel. Anyone living in Detroit in '68 will enjoy this.
bill dropped his last cell phone in an outhouse on a bike trail! Thats good we buy el-cheepo tracfones so we can replace them.
Did you get an IPad, Patty? Jim just ordered one for me.
I've had lots of people say it's lucky it didn't fall into the toilet but an outhouse. Yikes!
One of our phones was due to be replaced so I got another phone today.
I did order an ipad for my birthday, more than a month ago, but haven't gotten it yet. They tell me maybe this Friday. I'll have alot to learn.
I didn't think I would ever read a book on a device, but getting my Kindle, then the iPad, I just love it! Since we're in the process of downsizing and taking short trips, the iPad is fantastic! No weight, no bookmarks necessary, and I can easily look up word definitions by double-clicking on the word. I do occasionally find myself reaching for the corner to turn the page :-)
Incredible and fun!
My grandaughter, Ainsley is willing to give me lessons.
Post a Comment