galanski family, paczkowski family, galan family, delfino family, and extended families
I know I don't need to remind you to vote, our family was always good at this.
I remember my first experience at voting, it was at a 1 room, smoky shed they had set up at Greusel school playground.
I was so happy to hear from most of my grand kids that they voted for the first time today.
Posted by
Alice
at
9:30 AM
12 comments:
I just waited over an hour to vote, some of that outside the building. There was such confusion inside that I actually saw a volunteer worker quit because another worker was talking down to her. She was pretty nasty and in front of everyone. Did anyone do absentee voting or how long did you wait?
no waiting in Grattan twp.
I like to physically cast my ballot at the precinct. I hear there are lines in the city. Looks like a good turn-out.
Sandy said she had a bad feeling about the election results, I hope she's wrong. She felt the same way with the Tigers!
On a brighter note, since I got my Lucky Troll for my birthday, I have won 2 jackpots.
I got up at 6 AM to put up some signs at the 4 Township hall voting places. I didn't want to do it last night and risk someone stealing them like they did at my house!
People started lining up about 6:30 and a friend who said she was in line at 7 had to wait an hour.
I do the absentee ballot along with Julianna. I met with several people before I sent it in to get some good recommendations and explanations. I made a copy for Bill to take into the booth with him.
Rub that little troll's head, Alice!
We have early voting here, so Jess and I voted yesterday morning. We got there shortly after 7am (they open at 8am), but then the courthouse opened the doors at 7:15am! It's hard to tell what's going to happen, but I've been listening to NPR most of the day hoping for some good news. Yes, Alice, rub that troll's head!! We're going to a Democratic party "get together" at a room in one of our nicer restaurants in town. Living in the south, I'm not too hopeful for an Obama win, but we're definitely thinking positive.
The first time I could vote was 1972..George McGovern v. Nixon.
Obama and Stabenaw win in MI!
It's going to be a long night!
Obama wins Ohio and wins the election!
Finally going to bed after Obama's acceptance speech--a good night!
Wow, that was a blow by blow description! You know I guaranteed a win awhile back, and the lucky troll doesn't hurt. I was waiting to see how Virginia voted and Florida, but I guess Florida is still up in the air.
Me too, Deb. I worked for the McGovern campaign making phone calls and distributing signs. We went to a party last night, but there were many skeptics - me included. I couldn't stay awake for the acceptance speech nor Romney's concession speech. Thanks for rubbing that troll's head, Alice! Whew!
Post a Comment