Thursday, February 7, 2013

From DC




It's so funny that Dona should post about her place in France and now I'm following up with a picture of Justin's girlfriend, who is from Paris! Her name is Maud and she is 25, born just 3 days before Justin.  Stan and I visited Justin this past weekend and did a lot of fun stuff.  I've included some photos from DC taken from the top of the old Post Office, which is a great tourist attraction, suggested by Maud.  She told us that her dad does not live that far from Dona, either.  I'm sure you will all eventually meet her.  Enjoy!

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Nice pictures, Deb! Maud looks beautiful. We are going to Paris April 25 to meet the student we hosted for three weeks in 1996. We had lost touch, but thanks to Facebook I was able to find her via her brother. We'll spend time with her (now married w/two kids), then her parents; from there we're taking the train to Carcassonne to stay with Donna and Jean for a couple weeks. Ooo la la! I need to learn some French :-0

Alice said...

Yes, nice pics, and no snow on the ground!
Wow, Justin found a beautiful French girl, does she work in DC?

Cindy , you sure get around, having fun in your retirement years I see.

patsy said...

Nice pictures! I'll have to find the old post office next time I'm in DC. Glad that Maud is a good tour guide and you had fun. I bet she was impressed with your Jimmi Hendrix tee, Deb.
You all have such nice smiles! ooo-la-la!

Anonymous said...

Justin took almost all the pictures. Right, no snow on the ground. Maud actually lives 2 1/2 hours from Justin in Williamsburg, VA. She remembered the old post office when she was in DC because it was a free attraction, and very nice. They are supposed to fly to NYC tomorrow so I hope their flight isn't grounded!

Alice said...

I'm thinking Justin never got to NYC this weekend?
Rich called Saturday, all is well there. He asked what Bill was up to? Ha, I had to tell him that he was outside snow blowing our driveway, we got 12 in. Of snow!

Anonymous said...

They did get to NYC! They left at 5 pm on Saturday because flights were going by that time. Where they are in Manhattan, it isn't so bad, like in upstate NY. We only got about 4 inches on Friday but schools were closed anyway. I can't imagine what would happen if we got a foot of snow where I live. They close schools for any reason around here.

patsy said...

Out here in the country, I can understand why the school bus drivers don't want to drive the back roads. But all the parents need to go to work so what do they do about their kids. Take them some where? Why don't they just drive them to school?

We got a few inches but the wind and cold temps were the worse.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see all these posts till today.. lovely pictures! I'm impressed with your T-shirt Deb! & Maud~ those Parisian girls.. she's so very pretty~They must be enjoying NYC.. Our Pascalle is a 'local' there & Cindy's Jonathan too. They both love NY..

Just found out a couple of weeks ago that I'm French! After 40 years of marriage to a Fr. citizen.. In 1972.. no matter where the ceremony was (Redwood City, CA) the spouse automatically became French! so after a year & a half of confusion & some anxiety.. the bureaucracy here has kindly requested that JEAN prove he's French! ..must be his American accent :O)