Power Restored
I better get this post out before we loose power again, which is a definite possibility.
We didn't have power until Monday night since Fridays Storm. I've been trying to not do anything, as my incision keeps reminding me, but the stress of the fridge and freezer defrosting and hauling water in to flush the toilet got to me on Saturday when DTE finally gave us a prediction of when power would be restored.....Sept 9, Tuesday! 4 more days! Luckily a friend had some room in their freezer and I could take a shower. Needless to say, Bill is looking into getting a natural gas generator. This has happened more and more often. Just a little reminder of the chaos and how dependent we are.
I realized I needed to just sit. Julianna is here and very willing to take care of everything. We had no internet and neither did the library because Comcast was down.
I loved my iPad because I could read easily in the dark. I finished The Plague of Doves. I read the hard copy of the book during daylight and kept notes. I haven't found out how to copy passages of a book on my iPad. I borrow books from Download Destination from my library.
| I do little walks around the yard inspecting the gardens. Everything is saying it is Autumn. |
| Tom and Shirley came to visit yesterday. So nice get together. |
Then I found this YouTube that Jennifer emailed to me during the time we didn't have power. It is the little things that mean the most and put a smile on your face.

3 comments:
Let's hope that the storms today aren't too bad. It seems we are getting a lot of rain and our landscaping isn't done yet! They had to wait for a good dry day to seal our driveway, too. I guess I shouldn't complain, we haven't lost power.
Your grand kids are so sweet, time for some little ones in my family.
How cute is that? Justin and Maud offered us Perry (the dog) to stay with us on grandparent's day when I said I wanted a gift. That shut me up!!
No rain here until tomorrow. Just walked home from dinner. Someone was having a pirate-themed boat cruise and we saw a lot of pirates and wenches.
Oh Patty ! I didn't get this till today! What Great News! I know you're happy you took care of that concern!
A refreshing reminder of how good life can be! Good to see Tom..he looks healthy & happy..they're so sweet those two.. Please send hugs to them .. & Beautiful Julianna.. What a lovely young woman she's become! & a good caregiver as well!
Love the photos of your fam & home.. Good to see everyone in Alice's clan too.. New houses & all! Debs dog story made me laugh! Keep Busy Deb! We've got 4 kids who are getting Old! & still no grands..
Loved your video Patty.. Aren't they sweet? :0)
Post a Comment