Sunday, April 19, 2015

Spring in Alexandria

Stan and Justin working in 84 degrees yesterday, getting ready to put in French doors.

 



This was the beer menu from last week at Bilbo Baggins when it was all Founder's Brewery.
 



I tried to capture the last of the cherry blossoms on Monday but I was too late.  Most of them are on the ground.

6 comments:

Alice said...

Wow, that looks like a lot of hard work, is that the back or side of the house? They will need a lot of cold beer!
Our trees are just starting to blossom, so our pollen count is very high. We just had our first 70 degree days and now it's cooling off with rain this week.
Brenda booked our flight for the wedding, leaving here on Friday, coming back on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's the back. They have to hurry today to get that closed up because the rain is coming tonight.

Great! We will be at the hotel on Friday and will go home Monday too. It's about a 45 minute ride for us if traffic behaves.

patsy said...

What a project! It will be so nice to have French Doors. Even when doggie noses or little baby sticky fingers get the panes smeared! I foresee a deck or will it be a swimming pool?

Founders Dirty Bastard is my favorite. I've never seen the fruity one, Red Monk? I just got the Raspberry, Rubaeus, and it is delicious but cost prohibitive.

I made the hotel reservations and plan on driving there then to New Hampshire to see family. It will be here before we know it!

Scotty N-ski said...

Bilbo is a fun bar ! Stans still got some arms.. Stan if you and Justin get board this summer i'm gutting my basement & moving some walls etc ..lol!

Alice said...

I just saw Justin's post on FB when the wall came tumbling down. He should post it on this blog.

Anonymous said...

I have it on my phone if he doesn't post. Patty, the blushing monk beer from Founder's is excellent. Tastes like fresh raspberries.