Sunday, July 10, 2016

This past weekend

On Friday night, we met Justin in DC after work for dinner to celebrate Maud becoming a permanent US resident this week. Had dinner and then went for dessert and drinks. Saturday night, Alexandria celebrated its 267th birthday. It was the yearly fireworks on the Potomac. I tried to take pictures from our patio but the trees were in the way.  It's been hot, hot, hot here!


6 comments:

Alice said...

Yes, I congratulated Maud on Facebook, now she has to get her citizenship to be able to vote! I got my absentee ballot for the primary and set to vote for my favorite. I'm trying to sway some Independents here to vote for Hillary.
We are leaving tomorrow for Glen Arbor, should be a little cooler there. Not staying at the Homestead this time, too pricey and they closed some of the facilities up because they couldn't hire enough help. 🌞 🏖🏭🚴🏽

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe they can't get anyone to work, even for the summer. Did you ever stay at LeBear in Glen Arbor? It looks interesting.

Maud went for an appointment this week and they told her they don't think she'll give birth within the next 2 weeks, but after that, look out. The conventions are coming up quickly. I wonder how they'll turn out.

Alice said...

Lebear was booked for July, we are staying at the Lakeshore Inn, don't know what to expect. It's right in town, so while Bill is biking, I can walk around the shops.
Last year we were there in Sept. And the rates are better. Sandy and Brenda are planning a family trip to Gatlindburg, staying in a cabin in the Smokies, she was wondering if you would be interested?

Alice said...

This trip would be in Oct.

Anonymous said...

We were actually planning to come to MI in Sept or October, since we won't make Connor's party. I'll be able to say for sure when the baby is born.

patsy said...

Oh, Boy! Exciting time for you.