Monday, March 13, 2017

Keep Up Your Spirits


It is hard to go back to snow storms but it is nice to have a snow day and get caught up.  I thought I would start with a trip to the local, Hidden Lake Gardens indoor bulb show starting last weekend.  So cheery and fresh smelling,  warm and earthy.  Its a great way to feel better right away!

All bulb flowers including Amaryllis 
This plant looked like someone painted it.  Amazing!

But we knew another snowstorm might materialize.  I thought only the west side of Michigan was going to get some inches but we've gotten a good amount and the ice under it made for dangerous driving this morning.  So I stayed home and just watched.
The birds are putting on a show outside the window.
The chicken soup is on the stove getting ready for tonights dinner.
Got everything ready for a relaxing morning in a hot tub!
The birds know something?  More snow?
Will you be getting some of this too, Deb?

We have been watching some episodes of the Great British Baking Show.  Julianna suggested it to lift our spirits by watching something that is not heavy.  And we have found it great fun.
http://www.pbs.org/food/shows/great-british-baking-show/


13 comments:

Alice said...

Those birds are amazing, they are out in the snow, even our squirrels don't venture out! Last week the ice melted and the ducks and geese were out, now its frozen again! Patty, did you lose power? I heard it was bad near Ann Arbor. Jim had to drive Connor back to MI after Spring break and said Ann Arbor had it bad.
Deb, you might get the storm?
Hope the weather gets better, Ainsley starts high school soccer next week!

Anonymous said...

The tub looks great! They showed Ann Arbor/Detroit on our news and it looked bad.

They are predicting 4-8 inches but the rain/snow line runs right through DC so our snow totals might get cut down. The ground is really warm because of our recent warmth and the hot March sun. I'm hoping for some snow which is probably our last chance. I'll let you know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Patty, Is the British Baking Show the one with host Mary Berry?

Alice said...

Yes, I've seen some of those on PBS. I 'be been watching mostly basketball, last week the big ten tournament in DC. And this week the NCAA.

Anonymous said...

2.3 inches of snow here. Whoop dee doo. About an hour away, they have upwards of 8 inches in MD. Very disappointing! Better luck next year.

patsy said...

We had no electrical or internet problems around us. Trees uprooted or broken in half! But luck was with us this time. Jennifer has started sending pictures of the snow in New Hampshire.
The birds are just going crazy here. Lots of everything flocking in to eat. The hawks are hanking out too so all are on the alert.

Yes, Mary Berry.
We were also told to watch season 3, episode one of "Chef's Table" It was about a Buddhist Monk. Lovely. Watch it to the end when she starts thanking her parents for giving her the chance to be a monk.

Alice said...

I don't think anyone will remember my Dad's cousin, Harry Michowski's or his wife Anne, but I'm friends on Facebook with their daughter, Marion and she tells me her mom is turning 98 tomorrow! They lived on Piquette and went to Immaculate Conception church and school.

Anonymous said...

I remember Marion! I think she was older than I was. I wonder when she graduated from Immaculates'. I did in 1965. How did you find her?

Alice said...

I think she was on the Kanter st./Poletown blog and she recognized my Galanski name. They used to live next door to my friend, Mavine. Her older sister, Theresa was Mavine's friend. Theresa, her younger brother and he dad passed away, but her mom is quite well at 98! Marion graduated from Stannies, too. I'll ask her what year. She remembers you from Immaculates. I bet Uncle Tony would remember her mother.

Anonymous said...

Wait, is her dad that John who used to do magic tricks and pull a quarter from behind your ear? She may have graduated from Stannies closer to Marlene.

patsy said...

Well, I just started looking through the picture album that I made from Comments on Pictures that Alice had sent to my mom and Uncle Tony while she was sick. It is a picture of all the children taken at Tashmo Hall on Harsen's Island about 1920.
I think it was John Michowski who pulled quarters from behind our ears. His wife was Alice, Grandma's sister. Their children were Teresa, Clara and Harry Michowski.

Alice said...

Ok, Uncle John Michowski's did that, but Marion told me that her Dad, Harry got the same talent from his Dad! Funny! My dad's Uncle John owned a beer and wine store that we used to go to in our neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

That's amazing! I remember him being a comical guy, really nice and friendly. The crazy things we remember from when we were little.