First Post for June!
Wow! I have been wondering when someone would get around to doing a post and had a few minutes to check and found that the last posts had been from cemetery day in May!
Seems like we are too busy to relax....or maybe relaxing too much! Hmmm?
I didn't take any pictures at Avery's graduation party but really enjoyed talking to folks I don't see very often. Now Erika's party is coming and I hope to chat with those I didn't!
I had a garage sale last weekend, and you know the work that goes into that. And the stress of getting rid of things.
Bill and I have been able to go to a few concerts (Diana Krall, excellent!) and movies (Paris can Wait, Great!) and overnight trips (Birding around Grayling for the Kirkland Walrbler, Heard it!) that have been hard to do for the last year or so. A sure sign that Bill's health is getting better and we're making plans for little longer "get-aways" in the Fall.
The flowers in the yard have been especially wonderful this year. We are watering often and have been saving money since the lawn mowers are nice enough to not mow when the grass is brown!
The vegetable garden needs constant attention...the potato bugs can devastate a plant overnight and the weeds don't need water to produce evasive strategies to take over the garden.
![]() |
| This jar technique to get new rose bushes is the same as our grandma and my mom used. I have a neighbor that has an too much energy, I think. and an amazing green thumb! |
| A GREAT thirst quencher....tasty! |
![]() |
| A really good read that we discussed at a Library Book Discussion Lab Girl by Hope Jahren |







2 comments:
We haven't had a sale this year, everyone is too busy. I just take my things to Goodwill to Salvation Army stores and donate.
Have you been getting a lot of rain there? We have.
June always goes by too fast, not like January.
I've been so busy that I just RSVPd to Erica's party yesterday. We babysat every day this week except for Monday.
I'm glad June is over. It's just too hot and humid here. We are going to Justin and Maud's tomorrow for a barbecue and tearing down the front porch. More construction! It's supposed to be 92° and rain. Hope the weather is good for Erica's party.
I have to try that beer, Patty!
Post a Comment