Sometimes I wish we lived closer together. I'd try to help out the posting problems. I also like puzzles. I've found larger pieces puzzles for vision and hand problems. Wonderful!
May is a wonderful month. I just can't stop taking pictures of brave strong amazing flowers or just the way the sun glows on the grasses and tree buds and flowers. Do you still have your communion dress? Mine went to somebody. I think Dona and I had similar dresses. I remember (or imagine) going to the store in Hamtramck to pick up a dress. I wonder who used to make them. I always imagined it was the alter society grandma's.
My mom's birthday was yesterday. She was born 100 years ago. This is a wonderful time of the year to have a baby. She came after the death of Mary Ann so I bet she was given lots of attention.....but then there were two more! And grandma needed to work. My mom probably helped a lot. I should have asked more questions. Especially about how she felt. But maybe I wouldn't have understood so well at the time anyhow.
The picture is from procession in 1960. I still have my communion veil, but not the dress.
My post was going to state that I was doing a test to see if I could post from using an archived photo from the blog. It worked, but it didn't pick up the text.
If anyone gets this comment, please let me know. The Blog hasn’t been used nd I got a notice that automatic notices to the members of our blog will no longer get alerts starting soon. I want to be able to preserve this blog so that anyone can read it and see all the new and old pics. It can be made into a book and I’d like to make one or two. Mona’s daughter got in touch & wants to know more about our Galanski family.
7 comments:
So this time my picture posts but not my words! Have to work on this.
Those were the days! What year was that?
Sometimes I wish we lived closer together. I'd try to help out the posting problems. I also like puzzles. I've found larger pieces puzzles for vision and hand problems. Wonderful!
May is a wonderful month. I just can't stop taking pictures of brave strong amazing flowers or just the way the sun glows on the grasses and tree buds and flowers.
Do you still have your communion dress? Mine went to somebody. I think Dona and I had similar dresses. I remember (or imagine) going to the store in Hamtramck to pick up a dress. I wonder who used to make them. I always imagined it was the alter society grandma's.
My mom's birthday was yesterday. She was born 100 years ago. This is a wonderful time of the year to have a baby. She came after the death of Mary Ann so I bet she was given lots of attention.....but then there were two more! And grandma needed to work. My mom probably helped a lot. I should have asked more questions. Especially about how she felt. But maybe I wouldn't have understood so well at the time anyhow.
The picture is from procession in 1960. I still have my communion veil, but not the dress.
My post was going to state that I was doing a test to see if I could post from using an archived photo from the blog. It worked, but it didn't pick up the text.
80 degrees today and 90 by Thursday.
I wore the same communion dress and veil that Donna and Lucy wore, so mine was a bit yellow. Our mom's birthday (and dad's, too) was last week.
If anyone gets this comment, please let me know. The Blog hasn’t been used nd I got a notice that automatic notices to the members of our blog will no longer get alerts starting soon. I want to be able to preserve this blog so that anyone can read it and see all the new and old pics.
It can be made into a book and I’d like to make one or two. Mona’s daughter got in touch & wants to know more about our Galanski family.
I received your post, Patty.
I didn’t know the blog was still available.
Post a Comment