Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration




We went to the community college to watch the Inauguration on the big screen to be with others. Everyone was so happy.

We all clapped when Obama arrived and we cheered when he was sworn in and finished his speech.

Barack and Mahlia relaxed as they listened to the music.

And the President and Michelle and all of us stood up and sang the Star Spangled Banner.

It was a great day. So many wondrful moments. What was your favorite?

2 comments:

Alice said...

I spent the whole day watching the events. Some of my favorites were; all the former presidents walking in, Carter, Clinton, Bush Senior, Bush Jr. Also I spotted Levin in the crowd. Al Gore and Walter Mondale. Aretha Franklin did Detroit proud, did you see her hat? The best shots were of all the African-American people that were crying and dancing and waving the flags. Too bad about Ted Kennedy at the luncheon. Lets hope he pulls through another bout of seizures. I got to see some of the balls that Obama attended, 10 in all. Today the work day starts!

Anonymous said...

I can't really describe my favorite part. It was more of a feeling I got watching it that reminded me of the days when I was 17 and 18 years old and I was filled with so much hope and enthusiasm. I really do wish that everybody does 'dust themselves off and starts a new day'. He seems to be an inspiration to many young people, but as we know, Americans have a short memory. I saw a clip from the Islamic Jihad where some leaders were watching the inauguration and they said something to the effect of: "anybody can write a good speech; many American presidents before him said the same thing at Inauguration and they all failed".

I can only hope that our young country with a fresh new start, does the right thing. Let's prove the naysayers wrong and reestablish our credibility as the strong and vibrant USA that I grew up in. Educate our young people, bring home the troops, and get the economy going...that is my wish.