Saturday, April 16, 2011

Flowers!

I had to post the daffodills, two days ago nothing was blooming, then some sunshine and rain--I got my statue out of the garage. Now lets get those tulips blooming.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This morning I really noticed all the buds on the trees. Looks like we're getting more rain today to help those floweres and trees. I was watching the neighbors take their boats out today in the pouring cold rain. Every year, our sub has 3 weekends to take out your boat at the lauch in spring and 3 weekends to put your boat back into your trailer in autumn. Unfortunately, they don't have nice weather today.

We are leaving for the Mid-Atlantic on Wednesday. We will spend Wed. night in Pittsburgh and then head to VA on Thursday. Plan on visiting the Capitol on Friday. Gary Peters' office sent me a bunch of maps and interesting info and directed me to his office in DC to get tickets to visit the galleries.

Yesterday was Justin's first year anniversary of working in VA, believe it or not.

Alice said...

Have a good trip, hope all that bad weather will be gone.
Are you sure that everything will be open on Good Friday?

Anonymous said...

Well, so much for the spring. It was snowing like crazy a minute ago. Our cable went out last night for an hour and a half due to the high winds.

I have a confirmation via email for the Capitol tour for April 22, so they'd better be there! At least the weather is better than here....

patsy said...

Deb, have a great trip and tell those representatives a thing or two.
Bill and I are driving to New Hampshire on Thursday and will be back on Monday. Can't wait for Bill to retire!
Julianna goes back to Portland on Wed. morning. We've had a lot of fun. She has seen lots of weather in the week she's been here but no thunder storm yet. Even she was disappointed in seeing it snow this morning.
Alice, your Mary statue looks so pretty. My daffodils aren't out yet.

Alice said...

Safe travels to both of you this week. My Becky had some scarry weather last weekend, a tornado hit a few blocks from her home on Saturday in NC. Her son, Kyle decided college was not for him and will go into the Marines, boot camp starts in May.
I hear that a recall Snyder has started up in Ann Arbor.

patsy said...

WOW!

Alice said...

They want to change the retirement age to 70!
With my sister and blogger cousin gone this weekend, what will I do?

patsy said...

Color eggs then hide them in Jim's yard and let the kids try to find them. Find the best/favorite chocolate and get some really good ham and horseradish and kielbasa and enjoy with your family that are nearby.

Remembr taking your easter baskets filled with Easter dinner samples and getting them blessed? The great smells in the church would make your mouth water.

Alice said...

Can you imagine our moms getting up early and doing all that cooking just to fill those baskets? The basket had to be lined with a fresh, ironed, starched doily. I`m tempted to go to our church Sat. afternoon to see what they do now for the food basket blessing, yes the churches around here still do it.
When our grandkids were little, we used to have an Easter egg hunt and even the Easter Bunny came. I wonder if Jim has any pictures of our Bunny?