Happy belated Easter
Hope everyone is back safely from their Easter trips.
We had dinner at Paul and Kim`s Sunday, feasting on ham, kielbasa, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, finishing with lemon meringue pie and double chocolate cake. I had bought kielbasa nd Paul did too, so he froze his for a later date. I bought mine at Cannonsburg and they had these flyers at the checkout, A kielbasa Idol contest. Ten west MI butcher shops competing for the best tasting kielbasa. For $5, you get to sample all ten and vote. Of course its held at one of the Polish halls in GR where they have a bar.

2 comments:
They sure take their kielbasa seriously out there! I guess the kielbasa makes you want to drink beer, therefore the bar is handy.
Yes, we are back and I'm trying to catch up on my work. Had a few days of 80+ degrees with A/C on. At least it is starting to green up more here. VA and the DC area both look like the middle of June, with all the trees fully green and flowers blooming. We had a good visit...hard to come back.
Hey! I'm back too and will post pics soon. I can't believe how everything has greened up while we were gone. The Magnolia trees are amazing. The mowing crew came today to mow the grass! Winter must be over.
The storm last night took out our electricity so no computer or anything all day. I kept wanting to check my email... like wating for a phone call. I kind of wandered around and ended up getting a nice fire going and sitting down to read. The river is super high and muddy and little ponds are everywhere.
All the storms and death and destruction down south (which I didn't know about until now) makes me feel guilty for having such a nice relaxing day.
Post a Comment