Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Reunion and Goodbye's


I wanted to get this picture up which I just got in a bunch of old pics from Donna for Aunt Eleanor's birthday. Isn't it cute?

Cindy and Jesse flew in to wish Donna and Jean bon voyage! We went to Uncle Tony's and made salami sandwichs and reminisced about our Galanski family and all the news that's new. He is limping a little and his leg where he got hit by the car is pretty swollen. He's always in good humor though and Aunt Beth is a perfect match for him. She loved seeing the old pictures and could remember lots about them. They aren't able to get out much so call or visit them if you can.



What a lovely home they have and still maintain wonderful flowers and gardens. They shared lots of veggies.

We stopped in to Tom & Shirley's cottage on Harsens Island to say Hello and Goodbye and to wish them Happy Birthdays. I think Donna will be able to post some of those pictures when she is relaxing in France....wwell, at least after she gets there on Thursday. What a lot of work and stress she has been under and tears of joy and sadness being shared all around.

Were going to miss you Donna but nice to know that we will be reading and seeing your pictures on the blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a copy of that picture of mom and dad. Patty, do you have it?
Everyone looks wonderful and I see my cuz Cindy is acting up, as usual! Wow, Dona will be at her destination by Thursday. You guys really cut it close. It must have been so very hard for her to leave for good. Was Uncle Tony walking out on the road when he got hit or how did it happen?
Au revoir, Dona.

Alice said...

yes, all my cousins are looking soooo young and beautiful. Patty, thats the first time, if I can recall that I saw you wearing jeans???? Do you think that pic of mom and dad was taken at CA? I don`t have it either.
Please, Dona keep in touch and tell us the plus and minuses of living in another country. What an adventure!

patsy said...

I will send Deb the original picture of her mom and dad. You can drag the pic to your desk top and make a copy for yourself. I think they look younger than the Calif. trip.

Uncle Tony was hit by a man pulling out of a parking spot and didn't see him walking past. It was at a WalMart so luckily the security camera in the lot saw it happen and the security man went out to help him and take him to the emergency room. The driver left before Tony thought to ask his name or insurance.

I wear jean all the time but they are so hot in summer so you don't see me wearing them then.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Patty. I did copy and paste the picture and even printed it out. My copier did a decent job for the mean time. I think that was taken awhile back, too. Hey, Stan and I are going to the Tiger game tomorrow with Scott and Roz!! Too bad it's going to be 97 degrees, but at least it's in the evening.

Anonymous said...

News flash! We are not going to the game after all. Scott called this morning and we all decided it might not be a great idea since it was going to be around 90 at game time. We're meeting for dinner, anyway.

Alice said...

Yes, it was better sitting at home watching it! What a great game--play-offs here we come. We were at traverse and we had to hurry home to catch the game. bill has gone camping with Paul to the UP this weekend.

Alice said...

PS looking at that pic again, I think that Ma`s wearing a maternity outfit that she had.