I actually took a phone pic of the car temp read out to send to Julianna because it said 105! I was in town where all that cement holds the heat. It was only 103 in the country!
It rained a tiny bit yesterday at our house but today everything is wilty and I had to water again tonight. At least we haven't had any storms and so not loss of power.
My vegetable don't seem to be growing. The squash plants and cukes look exactly the same size as they were a few weeks ago. The tomato plants are actually looking pretty good and some of the cherry tomatoes will be turning red or yellow or chocolate soon.....I hope!
I`m glad I didn`t plant any veggies this year, I can hardly keep up with the watering of my flowers! It was hot at the game yesterday, but Brenda and Sandy, Bill and I stuck it out to the 7th. inning. I didn`t take my IPad so no pics. How did you like reading a book on yours?
I really like reading on the ipad....especially at night. Bill has been asking me when I'm going to be reading another book on the ipad because then I don't have to turn on the light which sometimes bothers him when he's tryng to sleep. Or I can take it outside where it is nice and cool at night.
I went to a websight that my library belongs to called "Overdrive" where you choose a book and check it out for two weeks on to your ipad or reader for free! Ask about it or anything similiar at your local library. It works just like a library so sometimes a book you want may be checked out and you have to wait...but they let you know when it comes in. It downloads really quickly and I'm not sure how they prevent you from reading after the due date. You can probably renew it if no one is waiting for it. Chcek it out. For my first, I downloaded a young adult novel which I didn't have to concentrate on and it was fun but one of the books by one of my recent favorite authors just came in so I'm anxious to start that. Right now I'm e-reading a book called "The girl that fell from the sky". Interesting but I'm also reading a great novel about the 9/11 memorial so I don't think I'll be able to finish the ipod one before it expires.
The other possibility, if you don't want to spend money, is to download a classic. They are available on the ibooks app for free. Maybe we should pick one to read together!! Anybody that has a reader pick one.
Good idea, Patty! Right now I'm reading "Imagine", but it's long and sometimes too scientific for my brain. I do find it interesting, so I'll continue to muddle through it. He writes about the creativity of a person's brain, i.e., Bob Dylan, YoYo Ma, as well as the guy who invented masking tape, etc.
How about a classic from writers like Austen, Dickens, Jules Verne, or Dostoyevsky (Crime & Punishment and Brothers Karamazov)?
We're supposed to get rain, but are not holding our breath. Our trees and shrubs are dying all over the state. We provide our outdoor birds with bird baths and a fan that also has a mister on it. It's sad to see a bird with its mouth open as if it's panting, but really fun to see them enjoying the bath. We lost one young hummingbird to the heat. Like last year, they were "hanging/clutching) the back block wall where it's in the shade. Hope we all get rain!
4 comments:
I actually took a phone pic of the car temp read out to send to Julianna because it said 105! I was in town where all that cement holds the heat. It was only 103 in the country!
It rained a tiny bit yesterday at our house but today everything is wilty and I had to water again tonight. At least we haven't had any storms and so not loss of power.
My vegetable don't seem to be growing. The squash plants and cukes look exactly the same size as they were a few weeks ago. The tomato plants are actually looking pretty good and some of the cherry tomatoes will be turning red or yellow or chocolate soon.....I hope!
I`m glad I didn`t plant any veggies this year, I can hardly keep up with the watering of my flowers!
It was hot at the game yesterday, but Brenda and Sandy, Bill and I stuck it out to the 7th. inning. I didn`t take my IPad so no pics.
How did you like reading a book on yours?
I really like reading on the ipad....especially at night. Bill has been asking me when I'm going to be reading another book on the ipad because then I don't have to turn on the light which sometimes bothers him when he's tryng to sleep. Or I can take it outside where it is nice and cool at night.
I went to a websight that my library belongs to called "Overdrive" where you choose a book and check it out for two weeks on to your ipad or reader for free! Ask about it or anything similiar at your local library.
It works just like a library so sometimes a book you want may be checked out and you have to wait...but they let you know when it comes in. It downloads really quickly and I'm not sure how they prevent you from reading after the due date. You can probably renew it if no one is waiting for it. Chcek it out.
For my first, I downloaded a young adult novel which I didn't have to concentrate on and it was fun but one of the books by one of my recent favorite authors just came in so I'm anxious to start that. Right now I'm e-reading a book called "The girl that fell from the sky". Interesting but I'm also reading a great novel about the 9/11 memorial so I don't think I'll be able to finish the ipod one before it expires.
The other possibility, if you don't want to spend money, is to download a classic. They are available on the ibooks app for free. Maybe we should pick one to read together!! Anybody that has a reader pick one.
Good idea, Patty! Right now I'm reading "Imagine", but it's long and sometimes too scientific for my brain. I do find it interesting, so I'll continue to muddle through it. He writes about the creativity of a person's brain, i.e., Bob Dylan, YoYo Ma, as well as the guy who invented masking tape, etc.
How about a classic from writers like Austen, Dickens, Jules Verne, or Dostoyevsky (Crime & Punishment and Brothers Karamazov)?
We're supposed to get rain, but are not holding our breath. Our trees and shrubs are dying all over the state. We provide our outdoor birds with bird baths and a fan that also has a mister on it. It's sad to see a bird with its mouth open as if it's panting, but really fun to see them enjoying the bath. We lost one young hummingbird to the heat. Like last year, they were "hanging/clutching) the back block wall where it's in the shade. Hope we all get rain!
Post a Comment