Thursday, July 19, 2012

Some pictures

I had taken some pictures from my ipad of our town's 4th of July fireworks.  I saved them for a lull and thought this might be a good time to put them up.  I've never been able to get good pictures of fireworks until now. 


The 4th parade in Ann Arbor is always fun.  Look who came all the  way out here and waved to me!
It finally rained here during the night and a little this  morning.  Now it is really humid.  But, hey!  It's summer.  Today is the 59th Annual Chicken Broil in Manchester, where thousands come to eat 12,500 chicken halves for dinner.  The Ann Arbor Art Fair is going on this week too.   Rain hurts these events but as long as it doesn't put out the charcoal fires or blow down any artists tents it is welcomed.

Bill and I are leaving tomorrow to visit Julianna for a week.  We hope to drive up the coast to Seattle and visit the rainforests along the way and Mt. Rainier and St. Helen's.  It will be much cooler and we can't wait.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Have a safe trip and send some cool breeze our way!

Anonymous said...

Those did turn out well! I heard that some law makers in MI are regretting legalizing all the big fireworks this year. I would appreciate some cold air, believe me! I loved Seattle and driving out to Olympus State Park. There was still snow on the mountain top and it was June. Be safe and have fun.