It is Spring Somewhere!
I thought I'd try to brighten your day with some pictures from last week when I was in Portland, Oregon visiting Julianna.
The weather was pretty perfect.....not much rain, sunny days with temps in the 60s. We went to the Azalea and Rhododendron Garden.We would go for walks and sometimes just had to stop and take in the wonderful sweet smells. The cherry trees were blooming in profusion. Many plants I didn't know the names of so we visited some nursuries which is a mistake if your trying to not spend money!
If neighbors were watching us I bet they laughed because we couldn't stop admiring gardens and taking pictures. Many people had raised beds on their front lawns between the sidewalk and the street and some still had little hoop houses over them but this one must have just been exposed to the warm sun.
I came home all inspired to start gardening but hey! this is Michigan! Still time to order seeds and potato tubers.

5 comments:
I can almost smell the blossoms! I think we are a month behind in our weather, but it will come.
I didn't bring the blog up until this morning, yesterday was the first day of the NCAA basketball tournament. March Madness!
We are going back up north to Traverse City today, can't get enough of the snowy weather--not! Bill is hoping that they have the bicycle track cleared of snow.
Looks beautiful, Patty! I just heard that last year on March 21 it was 82 degrees here. I can't wait to go to Virginia next month. I hope I don't take the dreary weather with me.
Win big at Turtle Creek!
Sure doesn't feel like Spring, here!
I got my Annie's Ghost book, don't know how much I can read before April 5.
Deb, I have to answer your email here, for some reason I can't send out emails, I receive them but can't send out! I have to consult Kimmy.
I looked up on Facebook Frieda's birthday, it's April 9th.
We haven't heard from Rich, Bill tried to call but got no answer. They were to start for home sometime in April, making a side trip to Ark.
Thanks! I guess I've been sending her card too late all these years. Yes, you'd better get Kimmy on the case.
Post a Comment