Sunday, July 7, 2013

Our visitor


Last night I saw this guy trimming our trees and bushes.  He was eating everything in sight, except for the plants we bought which are supposed to be deer-resistant.  I couldn't get any closer to shoot the picture.  About an hour after this, our lake fireworks started and windows were shaking upstairs.  I would have to say that this year I've seen the most deer, and that they are coming closer to the house.  They walk across our street in the middle of the day.
 Hope you all had a fun 4th of July!

5 comments:

Alice said...

They must be hungry, we have more rabbits this year than deer. I know Paul and Kim were complaining about deer eating their plants. I gave up on planting veggies or flowers out in the yard, I keep all my plants right up close to the house.

Anonymous said...

Stan figured out what the deer are liking so much here. We have bushes with a dark berry on them...looks like a blackberry or something like that. I know, I hardly bought any flowers this year because the chipmunks and other animals get into everything.

patsy said...

Here's an idea....plant native plants. The critters leave them alone. Bee Balm and Black-eyed Susan, coriopsis and grey headed cone flower are flowering right now. The Milk Weed flowers smell so sweet! The Free Press had this article about the low number of butterflies this year.
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013307050016

Alice said...

I had to re-plant a couple of my new swan planters, They got flooded because there wasn't any drain holes. I stopped at my local garden center (family owned) yesterday and noticed every plant was 50% off, will go back.

Anonymous said...

I wrote those down, Patty. Stan went out yesterday and bought 2 catmint plants. Right sis, everything is on sale already. They were $5 apiece and we've had success with those before. They look nice when they spread out and I like purple! Guess we'll get the cats coming by now. They have a cat and dog next door.