That looks like Marty with you, Alice. Maybe Deb was too little to be out in all the snow. Little did anyone think she would one day be leaving the Michigan winters behind and living in the South and on the East Coast! Well, it's nice to have someone to visit when the snow is piling up and you don't have enough sweaters to stay warm. Maybe they even have casinos, Alice! Deb and Stan are inspirations for knowing what they want, making a plan and following through. I'm sure they will get though this exciting adventure with many fine tales to tell and they know that "family" is just a call, a text, a post away. Na Zdorovie!
Greetings from Alexandria! We blew into town late last night. Our moving van won't be here until next week so it's a good thing that Justin and Maud are out of town so we can stay at their house. Justin had a work meeting he had to be at in Boston all week and Maud went too. We will be living out of suitcases and crushed clothes for awhile!
What a nice picture ....not sure I ever saw this one.
This move was one of the hardest tasks I've ever had to accomplish in a month. I'm happy that we got through the hardest part. I'll keep you all posted. We will be back at the end of the month to pick up Stan's car, which we left at a neighbor's, pick up plants, and close a bank account. Then we'll be back during the summer for various things. I'll see you all then;)
What an adventure, hope everything works out ok! Yes, Patty that is Marty in the pic, the only reason that I posted it, I was cleaning out some stuff and I came across it. I was expecting Sandy and I had fainted while going to church before work and I had a cut above my eye, police took me to the emergency room and called Bill to pick me up. Our old house was looking pretty good at that time.
I was just wondering, because Bill and I had to meet the electrician at the condo yesterday to arrange where we want all the outlets and Bill kept saying if we were doing the right thing and moving. Did you have any mixed feelings about leaving your house?
No...I wasn't even sad. I was much more upset leaving our last house because it had a lot more memories of Justin growing up, parties, etc. I feel it was the right time to start something new while we are both healthy. I couldn't even imagine leaving Justin and Maud to deal with all the stuff we had in that house, should something have happened to us. We are putting a lot in storage, like old furniture from my side and Stan's side. I think you and Bill will do fine moving.
Patty, Sandy knows about me fainting because I still have some scars by my eyebrows. We are having garage sales at Jim's this weekend and I cleaned out a lot of stuff. no returns, what don't sell goes to charity.
Hello all.. Sorry for your fall Alice! It can be a real shock! Grandma took a tumble on the way to our house when I was little in Detroit.. She came in with a winter coat on & a cut above her eyebrow.. Think either she or we were on 3 mile drive.. Mom took care of her after the stumble over a raised piece of sidewalk.. Did you call the doctor?
I didn't realize how quickly things were moving along with your move Deb..Big Congrats! So exciting.. When we sold our house on Huntington.. We were thankful cuz ..being in Harper Woods for 25 years.. most of the town had gone down with the 'no doc' mortgage fiasco.. 'our side' ..a block away from Tom n Shirley's... was still really nice..but the prices quickly dropped to what they were when we bought the place.. After we moved, our next door neighbor with the biggest lot & a fabulous ranch.. handed the keys to the bank when they couldn't sell..then it went on the market for $49k..We were glad to escape the slaughter but sad to lose our Home..
When we left the States in Sept 1, '11 ..we'd reduced our lives from 4 bedrms, 2&a half bath (plus the fully equipped child care business & an attic with 'stuff' from 4kids) to 8 suitcases..no storage.. Tho we did it.. Not a Party..& there are emotions that 'peep up' from time to time..
so you also have my sympathy.. :0) Cindy n Jess are thinking these thots as well..
Dona, it sounds like you think Alice just had the fall when actually she is talking about when she was pregnant with Sandy...how many years ago? Didn't want you distressed.
YOU lived on 3 Mile Dr. I think grandma might have been temporarily living with us on Audubon, 3 blocks away. Talk about moves....Grandma moved from Theadore to the "big" house on Audubon, then I think to the house she built (which is completely gone now) then to help Uncle Frank she moved to the upstairs apt. on Yorkshire where you visited one time when you lived in Ariz.? Then she lived with you in winter and us the rest of the year. Were't we lucky?! The number of moves your mom & family made takes the prize though! And she even rented a trailer and moved herself back to Michigan, right? Amazing lady!
13 comments:
Good Luck !!! Have fun down south..
Scotty !!
That looks like Marty with you, Alice. Maybe Deb was too little to be out in all the snow.
Little did anyone think she would one day be leaving the Michigan winters behind and living in the South and on the East Coast!
Well, it's nice to have someone to visit when the snow is piling up and you don't have enough sweaters to stay warm. Maybe they even have casinos, Alice!
Deb and Stan are inspirations for knowing what they want, making a plan and following through. I'm sure they will get though this exciting adventure with many fine tales to tell and they know that "family" is just a call, a text, a post away. Na Zdorovie!
Greetings from Alexandria! We blew into town late last night. Our moving van won't be here until next week so it's a good thing that Justin and Maud are out of town so we can stay at their house. Justin had a work meeting he had to be at in Boston all week and Maud went too. We will be living out of suitcases and crushed clothes for awhile!
What a nice picture ....not sure I ever saw this one.
This move was one of the hardest tasks I've ever had to accomplish in a month. I'm happy that we got through the hardest part. I'll keep you all posted. We will be back at the end of the month to pick up Stan's car, which we left at a neighbor's, pick up plants, and close a bank account. Then we'll be back during the summer for various things. I'll see you all then;)
What an adventure, hope everything works out ok!
Yes, Patty that is Marty in the pic, the only reason that I posted it, I was cleaning out some stuff and I came across it. I was expecting Sandy and I had fainted while going to church before work and I had a cut above my eye, police took me to the emergency room and called Bill to pick me up.
Our old house was looking pretty good at that time.
I was just wondering, because Bill and I had to meet the electrician at the condo yesterday to arrange where we want all the outlets and Bill kept saying if we were doing the right thing and moving. Did you have any mixed feelings about leaving your house?
Glad you arrived safely. Bet you'll be busy cleaning the new place or is it be all ready for the furniture?
Change can be hard but also such fun!
What a story behind that picture Alice! It's a good thing it is forever available on the blog. I hope Sandy reads it.
Ready to go outside to plant after the generous rainfall yesterday. I will be thinking of you two.....and of when I can have my next yardsale!!
No...I wasn't even sad. I was much more upset leaving our last house because it had a lot more memories of Justin growing up, parties, etc. I feel it was the right time to start something new while we are both healthy. I couldn't even imagine leaving Justin and Maud to deal with all the stuff we had in that house, should something have happened to us. We are putting a lot in storage, like old furniture from my side and Stan's side. I think you and Bill will do fine moving.
Patty, Sandy knows about me fainting because I still have some scars by my eyebrows.
We are having garage sales at Jim's this weekend and I cleaned out a lot of stuff. no returns, what don't sell goes to charity.
Hello all.. Sorry for your fall Alice! It can be a real shock! Grandma took a tumble on the way to our house when I was little in Detroit.. She came in with a winter coat on & a cut above her eyebrow.. Think either she or we were on 3 mile drive.. Mom took care of her after the stumble over a raised piece of sidewalk.. Did you call the doctor?
I didn't realize how quickly things were moving along with your move Deb..Big Congrats! So exciting.. When we sold our house on Huntington.. We were thankful cuz ..being in Harper Woods for 25 years.. most of the town had gone down with the 'no doc' mortgage fiasco.. 'our side' ..a block away from Tom n Shirley's... was still really nice..but the prices quickly dropped to what they were when we bought the place.. After we moved, our next door neighbor with the biggest lot & a fabulous ranch.. handed the keys to the bank when they couldn't sell..then it went on the market for $49k..We were glad to escape the slaughter but sad to lose our Home..
When we left the States in Sept 1, '11 ..we'd reduced our lives from 4 bedrms, 2&a half bath (plus the fully equipped child care business & an attic with 'stuff' from 4kids) to 8 suitcases..no storage.. Tho we did it.. Not a Party..& there are emotions that 'peep up' from time to time..
so you also have my sympathy.. :0) Cindy n Jess are thinking these thots as well..
Dona, it sounds like you think Alice just had the fall when actually she is talking about when she was pregnant with Sandy...how many years ago? Didn't want you distressed.
YOU lived on 3 Mile Dr. I think grandma might have been temporarily living with us on Audubon, 3 blocks away. Talk about moves....Grandma moved from Theadore to the "big" house on Audubon, then I think to the house she built (which is completely gone now) then to help Uncle Frank she moved to the upstairs apt. on Yorkshire where you visited one time when you lived in Ariz.? Then she lived with you in winter and us the rest of the year. Were't we lucky?!
The number of moves your mom & family made takes the prize though! And she even rented a trailer and moved herself back to Michigan, right? Amazing lady!
Yes, you are right, Patty it was almost 55 years ago that I had that fall. I do still have a scar.
Oh brother.. How'd I do that? .. Duh!?
Glad you're OK Alice..:0)
Post a Comment