Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Tenting

We bought a new tent to take to New Hampshire but it rained so we didn't set it up in Jennifer's back yard.  Instead, last weekend, on the summer solstice we set it up in OUR backyard!  These new tents are so easy to set up.

 I demanded that we buy cots to sleep on and we're very glad we did.  Amazing improvement.
 We were reading around the campfire until the mosquitoes attacked ME.
 The lady at REI told us we had to get these head lamps.....to get to the bathrooms at night among other things.  They are absolutely necessary since you can't hold a flashlight and unzip the tent or hold a book.  Perfect solution.  Thankyou REI and can't wait for our 10% yearend refund!
Hard to believe but Bill made breakfast the next morning.  We got a Cooks Illistrated magazine from a friend and Bill saw this recipe for making a French Omlette which is a cheese omlette rolled up and as Julia Childs reminds us, "You can never use too much butter."  It was delicious.  Bill will send Justin the directions if he needs it to suprise Maud.

4 comments:

dona said...

Wow Patsy n Bill.. You two know how to have Fun! La Vie Est Belle! Jean n i camped near Paris a couple of years ago.. In a tent like yours..plus we had the light cots from Costco ( that we carried over!) they did make all the Comfort Difference.. It rained most of the time but we did well! Our friends cooked on their stove in their tent but we ate together in ours & had a wonderful time! Im up for camping any time! I just need one of those 'head lights!'

Hurray for BILL! Jean's become quite the chef as well.. Good thing cause Im tired after 40+ years! Did you hear? Butter (from a clean sorce is the 'new health food!?') According to Dr. mercola.. I agree!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it seems that the demonized butter is good if it is real. Margarine and all that stuff that they told us to eat in the 70s and 80s is really bad for us. Good, I never liked the taste of it.

Talk about mosquitos....I'm the only only who will get biites, followed by a distant second Justin.

Anonymous said...

bites

Alice said...

Sometimes it's hard to find real butter on the store shelves. There must be at least 20 different spreads to choose from.

Tenting? I never was fond of camping, so I wouldn't be a happy camper!