Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Our tree 2014

Probably not the best picture, but after all it's an iPad.  Only about 6 and a half feet tall,compared to Christmas past.  When we went to get it, it was 70 degrees that day and I felt like I was in Florida.  Since then, rain, rain, and more rain.  Now I feel like I'm in Seattle!



6 comments:

Alice said...

Yes, it's a little smaller than usual, oh,oh, the times are a changing.

patsy said...

Compact is the trend.
Whoever did the lights did a great job! You must have had many more ornaments for your vaulted ceiling trees. Did you pass them on to Justin & Maud? Which ones couldn't you part with?

Julianna's arriving this Friday and will start dragging out the decorations. Can't wait! I promised myself that this year we would box up everything we don't use for the behemoth garage sale.

Alice said...

I lost some of my fragile ornaments while moving, so on my list for gifts I want each family to give me a new ornament.

Anonymous said...

Stan did the lights....600 of them. We could have gone taller because we have high ceilings, but we don't have room for the width. I only put up my special ornaments this year and kept the rest in the box.

Justin and Maud are busy decorating too. We went to Maryland on Saturday and Justin chopped down a tree in the pouring rain!

Alice said...

What are trees going for there? are they more expensive?
You were right, Deb about the gifts that I saw in the mall, I was at a small gift shop in Rockford yesterday and saw the same potato chip clips there at Kimberley's.

Anonymous said...

No, we paid a lot less for a tree here, and even the taller ones weren't high priced compared to MI. The guy told us the trees come from West Virginia and North Carolina.

It's strange because some things are higher here, and some are lower. The governor just raised the liquor tax, so bottles of hard liquor went up about 20 cents each.