Monday, February 9, 2015

Catching Up

I have been going past the house that always has the wonderful snow structures in their yard but in too much of a hurry to take a pic.  Since it was starting to warm up a while ago I thought I better get a snap shot so you could see this year's creation.  Click on it to see it better.
 Sometimes I walk past the windows facing the west and just have to stop and admire the grandeur!  You could miss it easily....it's over in minutes.
 After the last snow storm things started to melt and the driveway and country roads are dangerous to walk on.  The dog is very happy because I can go anywhere with the yaktrax I got for Christmas.....except deep snow 'cause I didn't get the snowshoes I also wanted too.
 Here is my amaryllis at her best.  As you can see there is one more stem which is actually starting to bloom now.
My grandkids had another day off from school today in New Hampshire, Deb.  It's amazing how different the weather can be.  Jennifer said that they expected another foot or more and they have a lot already.  The school has already had 6 snow days.  Luckily Jennifer is going to Florida with her mom and the 2 kids.  Husband, Pat, is staying home to help pay for it by plowing!


4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love that amaryllis, Patty! I remember us driving past that blue house, as they did have nice stuff in their yard. You mentioned how nice they decorate. Good pic! Have you talked with Bob about any stained glass items he may be willing to part with? I know you will enjoy your time in Florida :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like your snow is melting! We've had some beautiful sunsets here lately and I missed them all. That's a great picture. I teach online for Southern New Hampshire University and I always get alerts about the snow because they have a brick and mortar building there. One of my students who lives in Boston says they have 70 inches on the ground! Insane.

Alice said...

Those snow sculptures look bigger than their house!
I think the east coast got hit real good this year with snow. I think they can handle it, so keep it there this winter.

On a sad note, I had to take my cat, Erma to the vet today, she wasn't eating and losing weight. Dr. Bob kept her at the hospital and took blood tests and X-rays, he gave her penicillin and we picked her up and have an antibiotic to give her. She had a lot of fluid in her belly and he doesn't know what's wrong. The lab results will come in on Wed. Both Max and Erma will be 14 yrs. old in April and now we have 2 $1000 dollar cats.

Alice said...

Patty, do you get the AnnArbor News? They have a story about the snow sculptures that you had in your pictures, it's a father and son and they spend 2 hours a day to keep them up, you have to see then at night, they light up. The article was posted on FB.