Sunday, February 1, 2015

Let me be the First

This was from a couple of days ago.  Chowing down....getting ready?  The calm before the storm!


Now, Let it Snow! Expectations of lot's of snow through tomorrow morning!
 I love this kind of day!  
We went to Ann Arbor Folk Fest last night....terrific fun.  New and old Artists.  Amos Lee, 30 something, and Buffy Sainte-Marie, 70 something.
Had dinner at favorite pub for great bar food with friends.
Winter storm held off until we got home!!

 The squirrels are getting out of hand. The cardinals and blue jays are the only birds brave enough to go to the feeder with those fuzzy determined critters hogging the sunflower seeds. We're going to get a good bunch of the stuff.  
These are the kind of days I dreamed of having when I froze our raspberries.
And reaading a wonderful book by John Steinbeck which has no connection with the picture below except for a similiar title and to remind you how lucky you are to have a nice warm home!  
Hope your enjoying your day too.
Send pictures.


3 comments:

Alice said...

We are getting a lot of snow today, too. I'll pst some pics after the MI-Mi State basketball game.
Do you ever throw out apples for your deer? Or get squirrel food so they won't eat the bird food?

Cindy said...

Good pics, Patty! All we're getting is some rain. Is that butterfly a stained glass piece? It looks beautiful!

patsy said...

Never thought about actually feeding the deer or squirrels. They never used to come around so much when Storm (our dog) was more frisky. Now she knows she should just keep an eye on them because it's not worth the effort to chase them.

I think I like the snow better than rain as long as you don't have to go anywhere.
Yes that stanined glass butterfly wa made by my friend Bob. Im lucky to have few other pieces of his too. He doesn't do much glass anymore.
I thought the butterfly would keep the birds from flying into the window but when they get excited not even the plastic stickies work.

Alice, does Bill's new iPad have a telephoto lens so you can get closer shots? I would really like that since the wildlife notices every movement. I know some of the new phones can get closer.