Thursday, December 31, 2015

December in France..

Oh brother!  You're right Patsy.. We are trouble..us Delfinos.. I tried to post a cool sculpture of "The Tour de France.."   Looks a bit too big!  On other sites I'm pretty savvy ..but this one drives me nuts!  Maybe it'll get a giggle.. Let's see how Cindy does..!  Then she'll tell her big sister "how to..."

Dona, Patsy here, email me the picture and let me try.  Are you signed in with your password?   Are you trying to do this on a pad?  Is the picture a jpg?  Do you click SAVE?  Do you preview it?  Sometimes it takes a while to download a pic.

I like the Wordpress sites I've been to.  Maybe we should change.    I'd like this to be easier if that is possible.  And it will be 2016 and we have had this blog since 4/15/07, have 848 posts, 3838 comments, and 41,857 page views! Change is good, right?
Go here:
http://galanskifamily.blogspot.com/2007/04/birth.html

To answer yr ?'s Patty.. Looks like I'm never signed out .. That's good.. I am on the iPad.. Pretty sure it's jpg.. Clicked for preview. & the thing was 20 x"s the size of the photo.. I'll just send u a pic or 2..  Thanx for trying..

Can I just copy n paste?  Do u?  When I click on the photo icon I get my old blog pics.. I don't want all my photos in googles files which seems ..that's what I have to agree to when I go to post.. One never knows where they go from there.

12 comments:

Alice said...

Don't change, I have no problem posting!

Anonymous said...

Don't you wish all those folks would post who signed up back in 2007????

Anonymous said...

Here is the link you posted Patty. Now we can click into it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me, didn't sign in. Disregard!

Alice said...

Ally's blog link is goodness follows.blogspot.com. She will be coming home in 2 weeks for surgery and going back in 45 days.

patsy said...

Alice, that blogspot link is an old one. Ally's new blog (about her time in the Peace Corp) is a Wordpress blog. I will try to put it onto the Links box on the right side of our blog page, below the Books box. But just in case:
https://goodnessfollows.wordpress.com

We've had flurries all morning but no accumulation. Plenty cold though!

Alice said...

It sure was funny reading those old posts written 8 years ago. Have we improved in our writing? I know I had a hard time posting and putting up pictures on my old computer. it took me the whole afternoon to compose and send it out.

Alice said...

Dona, when I bring up my blogger, it says "tap here to post", then the screen have an icon for pictures, I hit that and then it brings up my pics that I took with the camera. It has 3 sizes of pictures, small, med, and large. Is this what you get? After you pick the pictures you want, then you can caption them.
It sounds simple, but I know somewhat confusing. I got a Fitbit for Christmas, but cannot understand the instructions, will have to ask for help!

patsy said...

Alice, what do you mean when you say, "I bring up my blogger"? Is that an app? or are you saying you go to our blog and you go to the top that says "New Post'?
I couldn't use the blogger app on my iPad without thowing the whole bag across the room!! I like using my desk top computer best but can do simple things on my pad right from our blog site.
I can never just drag pics to the post" it has to go through the pic. icon and on my desktop I just put the piccture onto my desktop which makes it easy to put onto the blog.
Whew! Good luck. I might just have to come out there and try to help! Anyone else want to go?

Alice said...

Yes, I always have had a blogger app. It's always worked the best for me.
I'm not up for flying to France with you. I must say that I admire Dona for trying to get on the blog, it seems the women are better on communicating in our family.

Did you call Uncle Tony for his birthday, Patty? I hope they're doing ok, 95 this year?

Anonymous said...

Yes, the blogger app is easy on the iPad, just as Alice says. Sometimes I'm on my laptop and that uses Windows. That works fine too. It just takes a few seconds to upload pictures.

patsy said...

Dona tried calling and me too, but no answer. I had to have Tom contact Tony because they won't answer the phone unless the caller ID is one they know. So Tom told them that we would be calling today or tomorrow. Did you try Dona? Tony was out to lunch with his buddies. He called me and left a message. I will try tomorrow, Sunday. His number is 810-985-7785. Everyone should congratulate him and Aunt Beth!