Sunday, January 3, 2016

Tony's 95!

 I hope Kay or Mark are still getting our blog posts.
Dona and I have been trying to contact Beth and Tony yesterday and all day today.  They don't answer and a message comes on eventually about giving remote access code. We don't know what that is.  If you can help us let us know.  Tony has called me so I know he has my number but it probably doesn't show my name when I call so they don't answer.  Dona is calling from France.
Not sure what her number is though.
Please let them know that we are thinking of them and wishing Tony a very Happy Birthday.
We'll send cards instead of a call I guess.

13 comments:

Alice said...

I had an old business card from Mark, and I sent him a message that we were trying to reach his dad. I'll let you know if he responds.

patsy said...

Yea! Success!! I just got off the phone with Tony and Beth.
Tony called me…..thanks Mark. Your going to have to try to figure out how to get our names on their phone the next time you go there. He leaves a message for me but when I call back they don't answer....no matter how many times I try!

It is so fun to talk to Tony and Beth. They are so funny and seem very happy despite getting older and everything that goes with it.

Tony said to tell everyone that he thinks of us often and if you send him your phone# he will try callingl you. He can’t write anymore but would like to hear from everyone.

Thanks, Alice. Good thinking to remember the business card.
Maybe it's a good idea to have Kay and Marks #s just in case. If you are reading this, please send your phone #s & emails.
Dona too. I tried calling the number I had and it wouldn't go thru.
Yikes! I don't have a phone # for Deb either! Hmmmmm....

Alice said...

It's a wonder that I had kept that card, last year when we moved, I cleaned outmost of my old cards. And it's a wonder that he still has that old email address.

Anonymous said...

Patty, did you get my phone number? I replied via Google group mail.

patsy said...

Yes, I got it and put it right into my phone....so if you call me I will know it's you and answer!
Also, Kay emailed me her number. Nice to know she reads the blog. Here's her email. I'll send her info separately.
Hi Patty:
Happy New Year! I do get the family posts but when trying to respond, I get a message the response did not go through. My Mom screens phone calls but will not answer unless she knows who the call is from. She knows my home number but will not answers if I call her by my cell phone. Certainly can help out in getting messages through if needed.
Best,
Kathy Galan

I don't understand why people can't comment. The blog is set up so that only members can post but we wanted to allow anyone to comment which is how David got in touch.
Julianna said that she thought Wordpress might be harder for people. Hmmmm...?

Unknown said...

Hi Patty! And Families! I talked to my parents about seeing if uncle Tony was interested in doing a "documentary" about our families with me being he is 95?!. If he's interested, I'd like to get all the families interested in coming up with questions about our families he might be able to answer. Also I heard Alice might be a wealth of this knowledge. I'd like to collect photographs and other bits of information or souvenirs to video for the documentary if family members have some. I'd like to shoot the video next summer sometime and I would like to document the parents and grandparents, kids, cousins, brothers, sisters of Tony and or Alice, where they all came from, what they did when they got here, where they lived, what jobs did everyone do, how was life back then, and so on. I would like to make this a quality documentary I can pass on to future generations and get important information from members of our families before it is lost forever. If you Patty or anyone else interested can help, I'd appreciate it. Let me know. My email is movieguyeric@gmail.com

Alice said...

Yes, I would be up for this, but I don't think I'm that knowledgeable about the family. Patty and your mom got a lot of info from Aunt Ann on tape. Let us know when you plan to do this, sounds like fun.

patsy said...

I agree. It will be a lot of work but fun! I'm excited. I'll put together a post with some ideas when I get a minute.

Alice said...

Patty, just wanted to tell you that when you post, I get 3 notices on my email?

Anonymous said...

Count me in! Sounds like a fun project.

patsy said...

Alice, I get three also....we were trying to correct something way back because some people weren't getting notices at all, remember? I think that still happens sometimes. Maybe it all evens out by the end!

I think it would be good to just email personal chats or interchanges...like this one. If the comment doesn't really pertain to the post or no one else really needs to be in on it, although I bet there are others who have been getting 3 notices for years now. But just automatically delete. But still happy to know that they are not the only one.
I have tried to figure out why this happens and someday I just might. Or it will magically disappear!! It has happened. I try to be optimistic.

Time is something we all need more of. I actually took the time to unsubscribe to many of the email groups instead to just taking the easy road and deleting them again. It has helped, I think. I think too much but I think the only way to relax is to unplug everything. Maybe that is why I don't care about getting a generator (except for the freezer where a lot of my past "time" resides.)
If you want to express your thoughts on this subject....email me. I may start a journaling kind of blog on Wordpress just to try it out. Sometimes if feels good to write more than just a text.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your interest Alice and Deborah! I will start working on an outline for the video. I'd like to film it this summer sometime. See family members and film their photos or other artifacts. Also I'll probably film in Detroit of areas our families lived or worked and what they look like now. So I'll be looking for old photos of those things as well. I'll keep Patty posted and try to post here as well on the progress. Thanks everyone!

Alice said...

Yes, you have to give fair warning, I'm in the Grand Rapids area, about 3 hours from Detroit and Deb is in Alexandria VA.