Thursday, May 18, 2017

Cemetery, Memorial weekend, 2017

Scott just reminded me that our annual Cemetery cleanup is due in a couple of weeks.
I think we usually try to meet on the Sunday of Memorial weekend around 2pm.
I asked what day was good for him and he said Sunday.  Hope that will work for everyone else that would like to come.



I hope Tom can try contacting Uncle Tony.  
And just for fun, a pic of Cindy and Dona with the field of pretty poppies behind them.
I know they would love to be with us if they could.

6 comments:

Alice said...

We can't make it on Sunday, Bill is working the sound system at his church that Sunday and he won't get home until late.

patsy said...

Hmmm.....Uncle Tony called Tom. He's feeling good and would like to come to the Cemeteries. They were talking about going on Sunday. I'm not sure if Scott & family can make it any other day. Would you be able to go on Saturday or Monday? Sounds like it might be too much for Bill. Would one of your kids want to drive you in if you can make it, Alice?

Tom will talk to Tony again on Saturday to confirm that he is able to travel on Sunday.

We will go with Sunday, at 3pm, at Sweetest Heart's cemetery unless we hear from you, Alice.

Anonymous said...

I can definitely say that I won't be there. Hope you take pictures. We are watching Luc and Perry for the weekend while Justin and Maud go to Vermont for their 30th birthdays.

dona said...

Hi guys.. So many nice memories of being together with YOU ALL! It was precious.. I miss you!!! Please accept my email "hugs"..& pass our love on to uncle Tony & aunt Beth as well! Miss our dear family members that are no longer with us too...

I'll be thinking of YOU.. think a little thought of me too please..when you're there.. Our little Danny's grave is farther away..in Pomona California.. I keep a picture of he & I ..the day before he left home for the hospital.. where I can see it every day.. He was my little buddy.. We were 10 years apart.

dona said...

Sweet Marty.. Seems like she sure would have been a great "big sister"..& a great younger one too..! What an honor to be remembered by your friends like that ! I'm glad we got to spend some time together after we came back to MI.. She gave us Kara's darling dresses (one with a giraffe in front whose neck & head reached her shoulder..kind of 3-D!...which she'd grown out of for our 4 yr old Pascalle..in '85/86) .. Then there was Scott & Roz's wedding..with aunties & cousins.. Great memories..

patsy said...

Nice to hear from Dona. We have so many good memories. Our loved ones were all so special.
Going to the cemeteries with all of you is so wonderful too!

So we have made the final plans to go to the cemetery.
Hi All,
I just spoke to Uncle Tony. He said that he would prefer Saturday, May 27, if not on Sunday. Does that work for everyone? Shall we meet-up at3:00 at Sweetest Heart Cemetery on Saturday?
Tom and Shirley.

Alice and Scott emailed that they can do Saturday. If it works for all, we will see everyone at 3 at John's and Eleanor's.