Saturday, May 6, 2017

Memories

Rereading book that was donated to the library by the Democratic Party in Marty's name.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll re-read it too. So many years… I wonder what she would think about the present state of our country.

Alice said...

I'm sure she would be active in her community. She had that tone in her voice that made people listen. I sure miss her......always.

patsy said...

I miss her too.
What about the book? I should read it.
I just finished a book called Labe Girl, Hope Jahren, and I feel like everyone should read this one.
It certainly impressed me with....all the thoughts to think about! Calming, in its way.
Its so nice to have a book that is like a connection. This person is thinking like I would like to be able to write or talk about, in so many appropriate, beautiful words. You may not be able to speak the words but you can write them down or you can read them together with others. It's a wonderful connection. I can almost feel the vibration! LOL

Anonymous said...

The book is a collection of short stories about people who are selfless and kind, who do extraordinary things for others. The premise is that people are good deep down inside and would do the right thing. The author is a psychotherapist so she explains what she feels motivates some people to do good.

dona said...

Sweet Marty.. Seems like she sure would have been a great "big sister"..& a great younger one too..! What an honor to be remembered by your friends like that ! I'm glad we got to spend some time together after we came back to MI.. She gave us Kara's darling dresses (one with a giraffe in front whose neck & head reached her shoulder..kind of 3-D!...which she'd grown out of for our 4 yr old Pascalle..in '85/86) .. Then there was Scott & Roz's wedding..with aunties & cousins.. Great memories..

dona said...

Sweet Marty.. Seems like she sure would have been a great "big sister"..& a great younger one too..! What an honor to be remembered by your friends like that ! I'm glad we got to spend some time together after we came back to MI.. She gave us Kara's darling dresses (one with a giraffe in front whose neck & head reached her shoulder..kind of 3-D!...which she'd grown out of for our 4 yr old Pascalle..in '85/86) .. Then there was Scott & Roz's wedding..with aunties & cousins.. Great memories..

dona said...

Sweet Marty.. Seems like she sure would have been a great "big sister"..& a great younger one too..! What an honor to be remembered by your friends like that ! I'm glad we got to spend some time together after we came back to MI.. She gave us Kara's darling dresses (one with a giraffe in front whose neck & head reached her shoulder..kind of 3-D!...which she'd grown out of for our 4 yr old Pascalle..in '85/86) .. Then there was Scott & Roz's wedding..with aunties & cousins.. Great memories..