Wednesday, May 2, 2007

May Day Procession



Well, here it is! I didn't lie about that basket being heavy. I am the first one in white you see holding the flowers. This is at Immaculate Conception School (now the site of the Poletown plant) in Detroit, May, 1960. Thanks to Justin for his help...we've got this going now!

3 comments:

Alice said...

How cute, Lil Sis. Do you need a scanner to post old pics? I see the girls had their beannies and capes on, too.

Anonymous said...

I know there are different ways with digital cameras and such, but for old photos, scanning is the only way I know. My copy machine also serves as a fax and a scanner.
Yes, in that picture, the older girls (8th graders!) had to lead the procession every year.

patsy said...

Have you ever tried to take a picture of your old pic?
I did that for a couple of old photos so that I could get them on my computer (when my scanner was being tempermental) and they turned out pretty good. Try getting as close as you can so that the old pic fills the viewer on the camera. You may trying zooming in.
I found a photo of myself and my old Audubon St. friends when we did a May crowning ceremony on our block. We all have on our school uniforms and our matching beanies! As we grew older and our hair styles grew higher those beanies would get folded in half and bobby pinned in place. I never used duct tape for that but sure had to use it sometimes to keep my skirt hem up. Remember?