Sunday, January 13, 2008

Another picture


I was thinking of grandma maybe having a similar picture in her little house.
This photo in her living room shows a picture on the wall behind the couch that I now have that is written in Polish and saying something about the rosary, I was told.
Grandma had this little house built after she moved from the big house on Audubon. it was built by the same builder my mom and dad used so the houses were very similar. I used to sleep over and stay in the second bedroom on this really high, single bed. I remember one time I lost a tooth and she had to deal with the tooth fairy. Remember that house? Once I took mom and Aunt Clara for a ride to see the old houses and it was not there anymore. We couldn't imagine what happened to it.
Looks like grandma has a cast on her wrist. I think I was only about 5 which would be 1952. Grandma still worked at the Detroit Athletic Club. Remember how she would bring home these big bowl shaped hunks of butter?!
Anyhow, not the right style of picture. Maybe I just remember yours, although I didn't often get upstairs to your parents' room if thats where it was hung.

4 comments:

Kathy Galan said...

Hi-Patty if you were 5 and think this picture was taken in 1952, then it had to be early 1952. I was born in September 1952 and my mother doesn't look like she is showing yet.

Now this may be my imagination, but I recall grandma's house when I was small and I believe it was at the time of Alice's wedding. I was to take a nap in grandma's house at the time in one of the bedrooms, since the wedding and reception was a full day.

Alice said...

Now I`m confused, the jumper that I have on in that pic looks like the one I made in high school, maybe I`m wrong. Where is my mom and Deb? It looks like Christmas time with the cards on the end table. I have those end tables downstairs in my house, they`ve come a long way.

patsy said...

No date on the pic. I enlarged the pic and it is definitely Christmas cards and it looks like a little tree on the table. Although it must not have been too cold because of the way we are dressed.....or was the heat just turned up! I can rarely expose my flesh now a days!
If it is Christmas of 1952 that could explain why Aunt Beth looks tired, Kay!! And you might be on that bed with lots and lots of pillows surrounding you and Deb and Aunt Eleanor are watching you. Or you are just a dream and Deb is on that bed.

Anonymous said...

Not fair! If it was Christmas of 1952, Kay and I should have been the cute little babies being shown off, not sleeping! I have the afghan that is on the sofa: pink and black with other colors. I remember eating huge dishes of vanilla ice cream at grandma's house. I wonder where all the menfolk were!