Most Experience or Enough Experience?

THE SLOGAN Richard Nixon’s campaign used against John F. Kennedy hinged on what he learned as vice president.
Did you read the letter Carolyn Kennedy wrote in the NY Times yesterday?
Pretty inspirational. Go to it at
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/opinion/27kennedy.html?th&emc=th
I love getting the NY times in my email.
Also, I found this great site that has researched statements by politicians and gives them a rating of true or false.
It’s pretty good. I put a link for it in our blog link box.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/all/
You can browse other ways like the “Pants on Fire” rating! You need to go to this one!
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/rulings/pants-fire/
Hope you have some time to go to these sites tonight if you are like us.
We’ve decided that no one at our house wants to watch Bush’s state of the union show tonight.
"Bush Unlikely to Address State's Troubles in Tonight's Speech" :
http://www.freep.com
/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080128/NEWS07/801280369/1009/NEWS07
Now, tomorrow is Jennifer Granholm, and I like her unshakeable enthusiasm, but public TV channels don't come in well so I may have to rely on the radio for that one. Kwame may be trying to talk his way out of this latest episode but I won't be listening to that for sure!!

7 comments:
You have to get a dish so that you see and hear these important speeches this year. After hearing
Barack`s "Yes we can" speech in S. Carolina, and reading Caroline`s statement yesterday, I`m definetly sold on him. Don`t give me credit for making the reservations and such for our family weekend. Jim made them all and he is working on our anniversary dinner plans, since he still is a stay-at-home dad he gets the job and he does it well.
Yes you are all right, I am really busy right now. We are closing on our new place the end of Feb. So we have been doing a lot of preparations for that. We are also getting some of our wedding plans squared away-the photographer, the DJ and "save the date" stuff. It is also the best time of year here for weather so I try to stay outside as much as possible. By the way where did the people go that experienced 20 degrees? I assume northern Fl. In South Fl. we dont tend to get below 50 and that is only at night. We had a record low of 43 a few weeks ago. I think it snowed that night in northern FL. We are not going to Boyne-we would love to but we are trying to save of vacation time for our honeymoon and some trips we need to make up to MI for my shower etc. As for the election-it is really not that crazy here. The republicans are campaigning heavily but the dems are not due to the fact that they changed the primary date here Therefore, I havent heard much about the dems and predictions. I think there will be a big voter turn out because there is a big property tax amendment on the ballot. I already voted because we can early vote. Patty did you say you are coming to Key West? When are you coming down? Are you flying into Key West of somewhere else? If you are flying into another airport and driving down maybe we can meet up! Let me know.
Nice to hear from you, Kara, sorry you can`t make it to Boyne, but I would like to trade places with you if I could.
I couldn`t help myself last night, I watched the state of the union, although I dozed off a few times. I love to watch the audience and then Obama was sitting next to Kennedy, and to see Pelosi smirking in back of Bush. I can`t believe you don`t get PBS channel when you live so close to UM. We get the WGVU, thats Grand Valley U. I still have dial-up internet and my kids call us the Slowskys.
Florida is getting penalized just like MI for moving up its primary. Whats up with that?
I couldn't watch Bush last night. I can't stand looking at him. As for Kwame, don't get me started........!
I can't imagine what Jennifer Granholm will try to focus on tonight. You know that DeVos is waiting in the wings so I hope she has good news.
Yesterday, I went on a website that listed 200 pages of foreclosed homes in Detroit and I was looking for familiar addresses. I came across a realtor that was selling foreclosed homes and I saw one on East Grand Blvd. that was selling for $500,000! I thought it was a misprint but the house had over 4700 square feet and there was no more info about it unless you called the realtor. I saw it on the satellite map (those are so hard to make out) but I could see it was near Mt. Elliott.
I wondered if it wasn't a house, maybe a business; the price was so high.
Too bad we aren't politically correct. We could file a lawsuit claiming discrimination against the ethnic-sounding Slowskys commercial. We could say the commercial implies that people with 'sky or 'ski at the end of their surnames are slow (or not intelligent)!
That house for sale might be one of those convalesence homes where they put two houses together or it might be the Packard property! Jennifer sounds so optomistict, she sure can deliver a good speech. I heard that it was her last state-of-the-state, that Hillary would have a job for her next year. Remember hearing her talk at that dinner in Detroit where Marty got that award? That was the first time I met her, she was picking up snacks with me and interduced herself. She gave a powerful speech that night and she still does. I noticed a lot of republicans standing and applauding last night, they always give her a tough time.
Sad to say, Edwards will drop out of the race today. I told him to do this a month ago, he was just taking votes away from Obama.
I'm sorry to see Edwards go but it was inevitable. Yes, I remember being intoduced to Jennifer G. that night, too. I thought at the time she had a bright future. I like her enthusiasm but it's hard to fathom how she will implement all the jobs she talks about in the alternative energies using MI resources. I can see jobs for engineers and highly educated people being created this way but not for the people who don't go to college or who are unskilled laborers. There needs to be more technical training programs for kids who don't fit the mold for the traditional 4-yr colleges, who want to learn electrical work and other trades. In our part of the State, there is really nothing like that anymore.
Post a Comment