My Turn
The last few posts came up so fast and I have to comment on some of the comments.
I have the most terrible cold and cough....I swear it's from the airplane. It is not only stressful and uncomfortable taking a plane but unhealthy too. I may join Alice & boycott airlines. There has to be a better way. High speed rail?! Deb, I like driving and I also like maps. Once we mistakenly had the GPS on scenic and didn't understand why we were going thru all these little neighborhoods!
Getting a condo nearby our kids would be nice but in Portland it would cost more that we could get for our house here. Renting a house, like Dona has, is a good alternative. There are some good websites for that sort of thing, right Dona?
This is the big rock that Dona and Cheryl are touching in the photo that Dona posted. This is at low tide when we were there (that's Julianna sitting on the beach) . Dona's pic is a week later when the tide was the lowest it would be all year. Hard to believe. Where does all that water go? Mighty magical to be there. I can't begin to post all the pictures of starfish and anemones & creatures we found in the tide pools.
It was great sharing meals, movies, music and stories. 
Back in Portland, Julianna took me to the Rose Garden, Japenese Garden and Chinese Garden. Actually just walking through the neighorhoods was so inspiring. Amazing flower gardens in glorious bloom and sensual smells.
Lots of local beers being brewed and appreciated as well.We picked up my cousin, Valerie, and went to Tom's "cottage" for Father's Day. Aaron and family came in from Los Vegas. This is Bill and Shirley in the new kitchen. Beautiful!
Tom and Ethan. It would be great if Ethan could stay with his grandparents all summer. (His mom's parents live on Harsen's island too.) But he's getting too busy with scouts and camping and friends.
Let's demand high speed rail!

6 comments:
Hope you're feeling better by now, Patty. I know how cruel the recirculated air in planes can be, especially after a 4-hour flight. Love the picture of you and Julianna! Looks like you had quite an adventure; you were gone a long time.
Tom`s cottage kitchen looks a lot better than mine, did he do the work himself?
a few days at home will cure you, Patty. How`s your garden doing in your absence?
I'm feeling alot better. I really just needed to do nothing but blow my nose and cough.....and read and sleep! I have an amazing number of handkerchiefs to wash. I used to have a lot more of my dad's and I've bought old and new handkerchiefs. Handkerchiefs with lace around the edge that my mom or aunt Clara or someone crocheted are too scratchy if you really have a cold. If you ever see some big men's handkerchiefs at yard sales, buy them. My neighbor got me a beautiful blue one.
Tom designed the kitchen and entrance area and knew what he wanted. And he was there a lot when the work was being done. That's kind of like doing a lot of the work yourself, I think. I'm pretty sure that Shirley helped make some decisions, right Tom? Getting a new kitchen is so major!!
The overcast, cooler, rainey weather is perfect to pull weeds in until the mosquitos find you. So I go to all the different little gardens that sprouted lots of weeds while I was gone. It feels very rewarding to see the cleaned out areas and how well the peas and beans and basil and everything is doing.
My radishes are amazing this year. Huge but delicious. I tried roasting some which were delicious and I have put up a couple of pint jars of pickled radishes. Which I will take a picture of to show you soon if they turn out well.
Hey ladies! Patsy, what great pictures.. love the one of you and Julianna.. and the one by the fireplace.. cozy even in that big house.. ones at Tom & Shirley are nice too.
Funny thing, I don't get it.. I got your comments as email days ago but didn't see your post until this evening.. I saw Alice's garden before post.. it was worth the wait..
We found our house for lease on Craig's List.. even offered less & they accepted.. worked out great.
Sign me up for high speed rail!! Put people all across the country back to work AND save us from the overcrowded and uncomfortable planes.. germ traps that they are..
so glad you're feeling better Patsy..
Seems like if WE were in charge of this blogspot site (and/or we were computer geniuses), we would have worked out how everyone would get email notice of ANY addition to our blog.
They should put someone to work on it! But the site is free and I'm not sure how they make money.....although I'm sure money is involved. Maybe not enough?
I would gladly pay a few dollars to get good service.
Dona, what do you mean about seeing your house on Graig's list? The house in Michigan? Will you have more time to stay here?
Sorry bout that.. not real clear.. I meant our current house that we are leasing, was on Craig's list.. he listed it for free & we got a good deal.. good 4 everyone...
We're giving our notice of Au Revoir soon .. to be out & on our way by Aug 31 ...
Post a Comment