Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pre-Christmas

I thought we needed a post that would bring a little joy and to put a smile on our face.
I think  this picture is a classic.  Probably every parent has one like this.  I'm sure that Oliva will become a lover of Santa just like her big brother, Ryan.

My job is to get all the lights on the Christmas tree.  We've been enjoying it just this way.  When Julianna gets home she will put on the decorations.

 I went out and bought lots of special foods for when Julianna is here....like sauerkraut pierogi and clementines and grapefruit and nuts and sprinkles for baking cookies.  I bet your doing the same, Deb.  How long will Justin be able to be home?  Julianna will be here for almost 3 weeks and she just wants to sit by the fire with the cats and dog and read and relax.  Sounds perfect!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we could all use some pre-Christmas cheer right about now with all the misery going on in the world and in Michigan. Justin will be here for 8 days, which is longer than usual. Don't forget to try to make it over our house on the 26th, Patty.

Alice said...

I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning and decorating for Christmas and I usually have the TV on, but it"s so depressing. I put on my Polish kolendys instead!
Paul and Ally dropped by to measure a room that they will renovate for a gift to us. Ally is home until she goes to Australia for a semester in Feb. She is looking for some temp. work while she's home.
I started to read "Tears for my city" a great book and sad pictures of the old neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

I'm picking that book up today!

Alice said...

Deb, do you remember in what year Momand Dad moved from the Blvd.? Bill said he helped them move and I thought they moved after us.

Anonymous said...

I think we all moved the same year...1971. I moved with my friends to Marty/Rich's bottom flat on Whithorn because they moved to Utica and mom and dad sold the house on the Blvd.

Alice said...

So maybe he's right, we moved the first week in June, when school was out.

patsy said...

Thanks for the reminder for the 26th Deb. I got a little confused wih all the happenings in GR which I know I can't get to. I will put your get together on the calendar and try to get there.

I need to get the Kolendys out. I love to try to sing along. Have any of you seen the Detroit Polish special on PBS?

Let me know what you think about the book about Detroit. There are really a lot out there right now. I told the book store that they needed a special section.

Ally is going to Australia? How exciting. I'd love to go there. Be sure to take a picture of her when she comes over to renovate.



Alice said...

When My Three Sons do the room we will go away for a couple of days because of the dust and noise, they will be taking down the popcorn ceiling, painting and ripping out the carpeting.
so far that book is fun to read because it took place in our old neighborhood, after we left of course. So glad we had a chance to move or my kids would have to live like the family in the book and where would they be now?

Alice said...

Does the blog have a new format or am I just getting a different version?

patsy said...

It looks just the same to me. I did notice that if you go to the blog from the email notice that you may (or may not) get, it only shows the page and comments that the email notice is about.. Could that be why it looks different? If you go directly to the blog does it look the same as usual?

Alice said...

I found out what had happened, I started to get the Reader version, and went to the bottom of the page where it said Web version.

patsy said...

Huh! Good. I don't see that option but I have a mac, Sometimes I can get a reader version for a page from the web that I want to print only the article and not all the other ads and stuff.

Do you still comment or post from ipad much? I like using the computer to post for sure.

Alice said...

I don't have computer at all, I carry my IPad with me, right now I'm waiting for my haircut appt.