First Snowfall
We had our first snow yesterday evening. So we got to see the snow fly before it got dark.
During the night the clouds separated for a while and the full moon got to shine its light into my sleeping eyes. This morning the snow was a thin blanket on the ground. The cat's water bowls were frozen for the first time. It was 20 degrees so I'm happy that I had just brought in our garlic that was drying, hung up in the rafters of the garage. It's safely put away now and ready to be used in some tasty winter meals.

5 comments:
I'm so glad I have a heated bird bath, maybe you should get a heated cat bowl? I already hate this cold weather!
Good idea.
I'm haing it a bit too. But since I don't have to go out I pick a good time and dress warmly and just enjoy the fact that I can be out side enjoying it. The dog helps that a lot.
Then I think about some norishing good meal to cook up and make the house smell good. I'd like to pick up a good book but somehow that doesn't happen unless there is really nothing else that needs to be done......like check email or the blog or PBS special programs on my ipad......! The list goes on......
So I guess I love winter and the time it gives me to settle in.
I'm trying to "settle in to the cold weather" too. I'm changing my daily schedule to include more cooking and cleaning, duh! I try to get out every day, if only to go grocery shopping. I will avoid the mall today, Sarah Palin will be at Barnes and Noble to promote her new book! Maybe if I had a dog I would get some outdoor exersice in!
I'm spending way too much time on my IPad, FB, and Candy Crush.
P.S. Watched MI St. Basketball game last night, glad basketball is back.
Yeah, I go out every day too, even if I don't have anything to buy. The only exception would be my busy days of work, the busiest being Sunday. That's when the week ends for online students and all their work comes piling in. I'm trying to clean out clutter in the house, and the winter will be a good time for that.
Wow, hard to believe she could write a book.
Post a Comment