Thursday, January 16, 2014

good bye old counters

This weekend the boys (and Sandy) will tear out my kitchen counters and replace them.  We are leaving town for the weekend!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the present you got for Christmas...the sink! What kind of countertops are you getting?

Alice said...

Nothing special, laminate sort of marbleized, gray, brown and off white. Sandy is doing the hard part, taking off the wallpaper and painting in back of the counters. They want us out of the house because of the glue smell.

Anonymous said...

Where are you going? I know, there are certain odors I can't take. One is stain on wood.... It gives me a headache.

Alice said...

We're going to New Buffalo, 4 Winds Casino. I can get 2 nights free there, surprised that I got Friday and Saturday, but I guess they don't have a concert this weekend. I had a nice chat with Maud and Justin yesterday about how we won't be coming for the engagement party because of graduation. Brenda is working on plans to go to DC I think May7-11.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I heard. I guess we can see if we can work something out with dates being there. Justin said Kara and Chris sent them a card and are planning on coming.