Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014 !

 Jennifer and Patrick with Olivia and Ryan.
Bill, Patty and Julianna going out to dinner on New Years Eve.
Took the tree and every other piece of Christmas decoration down and put away!  Good start to the new year I'd say.
It is amazing how those tiny little bits of snow mount up!  We must have 6 inches so far.

12 comments:

Alice said...

Patty you're not waiting until 3 kings day? I'm just used to leave all my decorations up until after Jan. 6th. Because I would have Bill's birthday party at the house. We took the day off and went to Mt. pleasant today, I had to win some money to pay for the Christms gifts.

Anonymous said...

I'm not ready for that task, yet. I feel like all the decorations just went up. Looking good for dinner, you three! Happy New Year to all.

Alice said...

It's fun to put up the Christmas decorations, but I procrastinate when to take them down. I love to go shopping after the holidays, everything is discounted so much!

patsy said...

Yes, but is there anything you really need? Even if it's free!
When the ornaments start sliding off the branches of the tree that's when you have to take it down! Our tree this year was really dry and the branches started drooping. We brought it inside almost 3 weeks before Christmas even though it only had lights on until Juli got home.
We got a little over a foot of snow from yesterday and today! I love staying home when that happens.

Alice said...

Becky and Kelly left Jacksonville last night after work to travel to Knoxville. She said it was snowing at Nicole's house and raining in the mountains they have to drive thru. Hopefully the weather will clear before they leave Knoxville this morning. No snow here this morning , but plenty cold.

Anonymous said...

Good they're not incoming from New England way. The college I teach for online closed yesterday at 2 because of that Hercules storm. At my house, rIght now, it's 2 below zero, even with the sun out.

Alice said...

It should reach 31 degrees tomorrow with maybe an inch of snow, that's not bad, it could be worse.
If your room isn't ready when you get there, Becky has a room that you can use. We will be there by 1:30.

Anonymous said...

We're leaving here at about 10:30 am. I wanted to change when I get there, that's about it. Is Becky spending the night at the hotel tonight?

patsy said...

Sunshine here but 10 below! I don't think much will be melting. We'll see you tomorrow!

Alice said...

Fifth Third ballpark is on fire! Started in the suites and still spreading!

Anonymous said...

Is that where you watch the Whitecaps?

Alice said...

Yes the fire started in the suites above our section some workmen had a heater going and started the fire. We'll probably get new seats for this season.
Becky will get in about midnight and stay at the hotel.