Summertime
I've been thinking to you, Alice. You must be getting anxious and ready to move. I hope you have been enjoying the lake and able to relax a bit.
I won't be going to Pierogi Fest either. It just wouldn't be the same without my cousins. I've been busy too it seems and just haven't even had time to post here. I can't help taking pictures though and enjoying the great weather and the activity around the yard and flowers.
This is the first real harvest from our garden. I was just thinning the beets so we will have lots. Garlic too. Pea pods are still producing and the beans are just beginning and I wish I could give you some. This is the first tomato and the first cucumbers. I made lots of pesto with the basil. Lots of work but great fun too.
This is a Giant Swallowtail on the phlox.
And this is a Hummingbird Moth. Pretty amazing and there are several around. You will definately have to click on the picture to see it better.
Olivia and Ryan know how to enjoy summer. Jennifer keeps them busy and they go to the beach often. Ryan will be turning seven on the 13th. Wish they lived closer.
Know that I am thinking of you all and want to see pictures of what you are doing. I haven't heard from Cindy for a while and hope she and Jesse will be able to visit again this Fall.



1 comment:
Thanks for the thoughts, Patty. I would rather be coming to Detroit today than packing. I hope you would live closer, too. I have so many planters and lawn stuff and flowers that you could rescue for me. We are set to close on the condo on Tues. and have 2 men and a truck over on Wed. Last week was busy, the closet organizer was there and I met with the interior decorator for window treatments( which will take 2 weeks to deliver) Thank goodness Sandy and Andrea helped me pick those out. Today everyone is coming over for a final packing, still a lot to do.
Post a Comment