Saturday, June 27, 2015

Busy week

On Tuesday Ally left for Swaliland, she will be gone for 27 months. She has a blog if you want to follow her,  goodness follows.wordpress.com  She can't communicate for 5 weeks, she will be in training.

Friday we visited the Meijer Gardens new Japanese gardens.
Andrea will be moving next week to Clarksville TN to start her new teaching job there.  We will only have 2 grand kids close by, Ainsley and Connor. 
Dad and Jim enjoying the view, there is a lot of walking, we took the tram there and walked back.
It was a beautiful day, in the 70's.
One of the new sculptures in the Japanese site.

9 comments:

Alice said...

Ally will be at Mbabane, Swaziland.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're running out of grandchildren!! I'm sure both Ally and Andrea will do good things! It's so exciting for them.

patsy said...

I am so glad that these young folks are doing such good things. I also praise their parents for instilling in them the desire and adventurous nature to leave the comforts of home and go to live and work in new places for a while. Its sad to not be near them but technology has helped remedy that and it is very fun to visit them!

We have been out of town all last week, visiting our grandkids in New Hampshire. But getting ready to post pics in case you don't remember what it's like to have grandchildren under the age of ten....lots of action and noise?

I loved all the Father Day pictures and Bill celebrated too...a Tiger game in Cleveland, on our way East.
Alice, I want to visit the Meijer Gardens while we are in G.R. for the WhiteCaps game. What is the name of that hotel again?

Alice said...

That hotel near the ballpark is Comfort Suites, Comstock Park, but you are welcome to spend the night here. We have a bedroom and bath downstairs. bring some comfortable shoes to walk in the gardens. We can go to Founders , too for lunch if you want. I hope the weather stays cool, we had a nice day when we went last week.

patsy said...

I got the room at the Comfort Suites but thanks for the offer. I definately want to see your place and have already mapped it out.
I was hoping to take in Founders as well as the Gardens too...like minds!

I talked with Uncle Tony yesterday. He was saying his memory is getting worse and when he got a wedding announcement he was trying to figure out who was getting married but by the time I called him back he had figured it out! He said he'd really like to go since it will probably be a humdinger of a party and there are not many happy occasions anymore when all the friends & families get together. Not enough weddings anymore! He said he could drive since he got his drivers license renewed for another 4 years....he would be 98! But he'd probably get lost & besides Beth needs him at home. He's so cute!

Alice said...

We are only a few blocks from the Comfort Suites and Deb stayed there and she would recommend it.
Founders isn't my choice for lunch, but I'm not a beer drinker, food is good! Did I tell you that Sandy will be coming with us to the game? She was supposed to go on the 10th., but she left today, driving to TN with Andrea and will stay there to get her settled.
Too bad Justin's wedding is so far away, maybe Uncle Tony would have come. I don't know if I'll be driving in my 90's, he is brave!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the, the Comfort Suites are nice, quiet and comfortable. I wish Uncle Tony could come too, but I understand. I think they might even consider it if Aunt Beth was in tip top shape.

When is the game you are going to?

Alice said...

It's on Friday, the 17th. Of July.

dona said...

I "second that Emotion" of Patsy.. Compliments to Alice & Bill, their children & Grandkids.. How great to see such dedication.. Best of Wishes for a Wonderful Adventure! Congrats to Ally & Andrea! Memories for a lifetime! Bravo!