Saturday, February 21, 2009

Eric and Zachary's Birthdays and Paczki


You can go to Eric's family blog and see more pictures and see what he thinks about turning 39!
http://ericpaczkowski.blogspot.com

Tom and Shirley went to Calif to visit their two grandsons....and, oh, went on a cruise too. Tom is officially retired now. Jennifer, Aaron and Ethan (8?) live in Los Vegas and it's a reasonable drive to visit.

I can't believe it but I heard that Paczkis day is this Tuesday, already! A whole year has gone by. http://www.freep.com/article/20090221/NEWS02/90221042
Hamtramck Mayor Karen Majewski enjoys a paczki at Countdown to Paczki Day 2009.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Patty! I'm going to check out Eric's blog. Stan ordered some paczkis from a bakery in Livonia. Although it is not Hammtramck, they are supposed to be authentic. We'll see...
Any big plans for your upcoming birthday, Patty?

Alice said...

I wish one of my family would move to Vegas, I would visit them all the time. Does Tom or Shirley gamble? Is that the real 39 or the fake "I`m 39 " age? I`m going to try to get my paczkis from a diferent bakery this year, if the weather gets better. I`ve been eating the ones from Meijers for a whole week now. they don`t taste like the ones I remembered from my youth. I don`t know what they used to fry them in, something bad, I`m sure.

patsy said...

I just ordered my paczki from Armadeus restaurant in Ann Arbor, which is where I got them last year and was very impressed. Alice, there must be a polish bakery or restaurant in Grand Rapids that makes paczki. Try Marge's Donut Den or R Bakery both are on 28th Street in Wyoming.
My birthday is usually spent in some warm part of the country.....or at least a hot tub! This year though we were going to go yesterday to a Cuban restaurant in Detroit but got snowed in/out?! I think when I get my first SS Check in April I will throw a party to celebrate. I'll let you know.

Alice said...

I have a Polish bakery in Cannonsburg where I got my paczkis last year, but they only make them up with prune filling, they say that its the authentic one. Its ok to eat one, but I wouldn`t indulge. Wyoming is a bit of a drive for me, it`s sw of Gr and I live ne of Gr. It would be closer to go into the city of GR where there are a lot of Polish shops. I`ll see what the weather looks like tomorrow and decide how far to drive.