February 25

I found this picture and thought I would use it for Eric's day but since there were other, more current pictures from that day, I'll use it for MY Birthday. Isn't it fun to see the old kitchen table.....we had many a dinner and card game around that table. A classic 50's design
My mom is holding Toulouse and I'm holding Eric. It musts be '71 or '72.
I didn't get my Paczki yesterday. I couldn't get there and by 6pm they were sold out! NPR had a special and said that Paczki is the plural and that they started in Detroit and went around the country. Julianna couldn't find them in Portland.

3 comments:
That's another classic picture. I certainly do remember that table! My hair looked much the same in 1971 and 1972.
I had the most wonderful apple paczki (what's the singular form??)....it was delicious. Stan's mom had the traditional prune one. If Stan wouldn't have ordered them, I probably wouldn't be able to get them, either. Our local store was sold out by 9 AM because they were getting in a shipment from some Polish bakery.
I thought paczki was one and paczkis was more than one. Anyway, I love the custard filled ones and I got one, only to find out it was Holland Creme filled. Wouldn`t you know the Dutch in GR have to horn in the act of paczki day?
Just want to add that EVERYONE looks FABULOUS in these photos.... I accidentally clicked on them and they blow up HUGE...
I get a little nostagic, even sad sometimes...looking at these photos!
I think it's 'cause I'm gettin' old!
So glad to see Tom & Shirley's family updated here too.
Post a Comment