Friday, February 4, 2011

After the Storm

We finally got plowed out thursday but it was nice to stay home during the snow storm on Wednesday. We probably only got about 8-10 inches but the wind blew some snowdrifts across the drive and the county didn't get to our road until Wed. afternoon. No ice or outages.
We are pretty impressed with Bill going out there raking the roof, besides shoveling and snowblowing! 17 inchs? Wow!


Here is the latest progress of the snow teepee. All those little teepee's turned into these fountain-like sculptures. The orginal teepee had sculptured rings going around it with these super cup molds on it. Almost castle like. Along the driveway snow mounds too. Some one has way too much energy!

8 comments:

Alice said...

Yes, a lot of people have a lot of energy, besides Bill cleaning out our driveway, he walked over to do one of our neighbors. You wouldn`t want to see him cleaning the roof, he has to use the extension ladder, which he drags across the yard to the front of our house and the ladder is sitting on the snow and ice-covered driveway. I don`t like to watch. I have some pics to post, but we were gallavanting to New buffalo so I`m behind schedule.
Received your cds today and will pop one in the car when I go grocery shopping, can`t wait!

Anonymous said...

I'm only halfway through CD 1 and I've learned so much information already. It's funny to hear who certain people are and what their connections are to the family, when as a little girl I just heard their names mentioned once in awhile. Jughead is one of those names that I can recall!
Thanks, Patty:) I have the CD playing while I'm on the computer working.

Alice said...

I listened to #1 cd and I couldn`t do anything else until it was done, very interesting.. I`m trying to jot down points of interest to discuss. How many hours did they do originally? Was this when Aunt Ann was sick? They sound so happy and laugh a lot. So much family history that I didn`t know about.

Anonymous said...

CD 1 has 1991 written on it, so I think this was done before Aunt Ann was ill. Correct me if I'm wrong, Patty.

I knew someone back in our history had to to have worked at Packard. I always wondered why we didn't have that make of car. I'm curious as to when Uncle Frank finally gets married. I'm all the way through CD 1.

Alice said...

It looks like mine is written 1997 on #1.
I think that the Packard car was too expensive.

Anonymous said...

The one I was referring to is: "Conversations with Mom to Patty". It's dated 1991, and I listened to that one first.

Alice said...

I just finished listening to the piano fest,I haven`t heard some of those songs in years, it brings back memories. The Polish National anthom, I think it is, the only part I know is "march, march, Dombrowski". I think that I could pick out my dad`s voice and uncle Tony,aunt Clara and aunt Ann.

patsy said...

We should do a live chat!!
Do you SKYPE? I don't know if you can skype more than one person at a time?