Monday, August 6, 2012

August Birthdays

We celebrated John and Carlyn's birthdays yesterday. Jeff's is on the 10th. Steve, Brenda's hubby was on the 4th. Carlyn was 21 on the 5th. And John turned 52. The other pic is when the family stopped at our house in Rockford with Ramona and family.

12 comments:

patsy said...

I couldn't get the third picture. Is it just my bad internet connection?

Oh boy! to be 21 again! but this time with the knowledge from making it to 52!
Happy August Birthdays to all, including my brother, Tom and his wife, Shirley. We won't mention how old they're going to be at the end of August!

Anonymous said...

I see three pictures. The last one is John. Geez, is Carlyn holding up a bottle of wine? I really feel old. I see you have our mom in the middle photo for her August birthday! 100 years old, she would have been.

Alice said...

I'm glad you got 3 pics, Deb. They didn't t come up in the order that I posted them. OMG! I forgot Ma's birthday on the 25th. I'm still using blogger, Patty, are you?

patsy said...

I tried again and the picture downloaded this time.
Which of your kids are in that pic Alice?

I haven't downloaded with my ipad recently because it's harder....I think. And the pictures turn out so big. I'll have to work on editing them on the ipad and then trying.

Alice said...

In the front row, from left, Sandy, Becky, 2 nd. Row Paul, Jim, in back of them, John, Brenda was missing. Do you remember being there Patty?

dona said...

What a great old picture Alice! I think the group Mona was with was Up with America (or something like that ..) I was long gone by that time but it made a big impression on both Mom & Mona that the family all gave such great support to Ramona..

I can't see some faces .. of course your sweet Mom & Dad were there, and Auntie Annie & Uncle Ned.. you're so skinny! you look like a kid! who else is there please? and where exactly were you all?

Thanks for posting this! (with our dearest little Mom!)

Alice said...

After Mona performed at Petoskey, the family dropped over to our place in Rockford, we were in our yard. The pic is so small, a brownie camera I think. Your mom and aunt Ann and uncle Ned were such troupers going out of there way coming to visit ( no ac in car, I bet).

patsy said...

I do remember going to the shoe factory. That must have been the time, right?
It was fun to be with my parents and aunt Clara in the car listeningtto the conversation. I'm sure my dad had AC....but he might not have turned it on!

Alice said...

My mom and dad must have been driving themselves then? we did go to the shoe factory and we got corner bar hot dogs to go.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember A/C in any car dad had! In the summer, I used to sleep in front of the fan in the living room because our house was so hot, especially upstairs where our bedrooms were.

Alice said...

Scott, Ainsley wants to know if Valerie is coming to the festival, she wants to learn how to polka.

Anonymous said...

And don't forget Roz on the 14th! I thought her name was listed in the first post, but I looked again and it wasn't. Happy birthday Roz! I know you read the blog :)