Thursday, August 23, 2012

This & That

The repair work from the fire is all finished! I am sitting in my little screened in porch that I've been wanting for a long time. It is so perfect outside! It's nice that I can be out here trying to do this post on my iPad. It is a challenge & I've got plenty of other things to do. But ....what the heck!

The side door goes out to the back garden where the sunflowers are blooming right now. It's great to take your morning coffee to inspect the tomatoes to put any ripe ones into an omelet
The grass has greened up & maybe we'll get some potatoes after all. The patch we dug up a couple weeks ago really didn't produce. But I have been freezing tomato sauce.

A picture my friend found at a sale.
 
Let them live free Poland
Cindy called the other day and let me know that she & Jess would be pulling in to our drive about Sept. 15 & able to stay until Friday. They're ready for some adventures so let me know if maybe we could meet at Meijer Gardens or somewhere in Detroit (Buddy's?) during that week. Scotty, they will have their motor home so we could go to the park near Uncle Tony's if your available some evening & swap RV stories.


4 comments:

Alice said...

I love that plaque! Where are you hanging it?
It would be nice if you could visit GR during that week. Art Prize starts on the 19th. Please try to work that into your schedule, it's worth the trip.

patsy said...

that's a great idea. I'll put it on the list.

The plaque is not mine....belongs to my friends the Wosniak's.

Alice said...

Too bad, I thought she gave it to you. I love your porch, now you can sit and post in your spare time......

Anonymous said...

I really love the screened-in porch. Maybe someday I'll have one.